One hundred years ago the Archduke of Austria was shot dead in Sarajevo. This was the starting point of a frightful conflict that involved a number of nations never seen before in History. From America to Eastern Asia, from Northern Europe to Sub-Saharan Africa, the whole world was divided in two warring factions with Central Powers on one side, and the Entente on the other side. It was supposed to be the conflict able to solve all of the tensions between the main powers; the war that should end all wars.
In order to commemorate the centenary of the beginning of the Great War, Ageod is developing a comprehensive simulation that will let the players experience World War I in great detail. This new strategy game is built on an enhanced version of the AGE engine which has been updated in order to cover the specificities of this war. Trenches, aerial warfare, new technologies, and an original diplomatic system have been implemented to replicate the conflict with a high level of realism. Together these features, combined with the proven Ageod formula, make To End All Wars the biggest and most engaging World War I title yet!
To End All Wars puts the players in the place of the main commanders of this period. They will be in charge of defining the military strategies and influencing the battle results, whilst controlling wisely their alliance spending on economics, research and diplomacy. The players will have a high degree of freedom in terms of decisions, and will be able to invade the world with their military alliance.
- Setting: the game covers all of Europe, from the Western seaboard to the Volga, from 1914 to 1918. Middle-East is also in, as well as most of the rest of the world (as off-map boxes regions)
- Game map is divided into more than 3,000 regions, with a variety of terrain, climates and development level.
- Scenarios: 1 tutorial and 2 main scenarios of the whole war (historical start in August 1914 and open start with players choosing their own warplans).
- Historical leaders: Over 1600 historical leaders each rated on their abilities and over 900 different types of units from infantry, to cavalry and artillery to aircrafts and battleships!
- Production: Control your nations spending on the military, economics, research and diplomacy through a few simple-to-understand assets and production centers.
- Regional Decision Cards: The game has an innovative card system that lets you trigger events such as Spies, surprise attacks, key trench warfare aspects, technological or tactical breakthrough and, if played wisely can affect the flow of a campaign.
- Detailed game model includes features such as Weather, Attrition, Supply, Front Lines and Fog of War
- Historical Events are triggered throughout the game giving the player crucial decision points. These cover anything from local uprising to foreign intervention.
- Battlefield Tactics allow the player to make decisions that can turn the tide of battle.
- Sieges and Naval warfare are all covered in detail in the game.
- Technology over time the technologies available will be upgraded using both the event and cards system.
- Chain of Command allows units to be organized in to brigades, division, corps and armies and leaders put in command of them.
More articles about To End All Wars