Battlefield Hardline puts players right in the middle of the war on crime in the gritty and glamorous streets of Los Angeles and Miami, allowing gamers to live out their fantasy of being a cop or a criminal.
Delivering an all-new canvas for the best-in-class first person action gameplay the Battlefield franchise is known for, Battlefield Hardline sees Visceral Games bring its critically-acclaimed single player storytelling pedigree to provide an engaging story in a setting reminiscent of modern TV crime dramas. In multiplayer, fans will feel the thrill of the heist or the satisfaction of the ultimate bust with new twists including new modes, weapons, vehicles and gadgets.
Battlefield Hardline Lead Multiplayer Designer Thad Sasser outlines some of the fixes and improvements they are making to Battlefield Hardline based on feedback received during the beta.
Below are just a few things from the beta that we’ve learned and the changes we’ve already put into the game we play every day here.
- MOVEMENT: There was a lot of feedback about slow movement speed and feeling “sluggish”. We’ve increased player speed by 10%, and players will get a +10% bonus for running with your pistol out. It feels much faster now!
- SUPPRESSION: There were a lot of negative comments about the camera “bounce” when suppressed. We’ve changed the way suppression works – your aimpoint is no longer affected, but your situational awareness is.
- SURVIVALIST: We’ve heard both sides of the argument on the Survivalist gadget, it is pretty polarizing. Some of you hate it, some of you love it – either way, we agree it was overpowered. We’ve changed it to revive you at 1 health and auto-inject after 5 seconds.
- HIGH TENSION – CRANE CAMERA SHAKE: A number of people called out the camera shake from this event as being too over the top. We’re tuning this down.
- HIGH TENSION – STAIRS IN HIGH TENSION BUG: Stairs in High Tension should no longer pull players into the wall.
- ELEVATED OBJECTIVES: We’ve added some feedback to help you find the objective when it’s above or below you.
- SPECIAL VEHICLES: We’re working on adding more special drivable vehicles like the Fuel Truck into all maps. We’re also working on a handbrake for cars.
- STUCK VEHICLES: We’re working on the ability to “nudge” vehicles with a melee attack to help get them unstuck or to be able to move past them. No promises, but the early prototype looks promising!
- HEAVY VEHICLE DAMAGE: We’ve added “weak spots” in the rear of the heavily armored vehicles, making it much easier to bring them down!
- VEHICLE OCCUPANT LIST: We’re working on adding the Bag Carrier icon to the list of teammates inside your vehicle, so that you can tell when the bag carrier gets in your vehicle.
This dialogue doesn’t end with the beta. We plan on continuing this from now until launch – and beyond. So come back to the site to check in and see the latest CMW lists and to voice your opinion. We will be revealing a ton of new multiplayer details including new maps, new modes, gadgets and our single player campaign – we want to hear your feedback!
Lead Multiplayer Designer, Battlefield Hardline
Battlefield Hardline, powered by the Frostbite 3 engine, lets players trigger jaw-dropping Levolution events as they shoot out subterranean grow-labs, blow open bank vaults, or tear apart the streets of Los Angeles. Introducing a new arsenal of guns and gadgets, including stun guns, zip lines, and grappling hooks, players take on a bold new level of strategy as both cops and criminals on every map. Maintaining the epic vehicular combat fans have come to expect from Battlefield, Battlefield Hardline ushers in a fast and fresh urban approach to vehicles with loot-laden getaway motorcycles and nimble police choppers to navigate sprawling skyscrapers.
Players looking to head into this new playground with some extra gear can pre-order the Battlefield Hardline Deluxe Edition. With three in-game content packs as well as an additional 10 Battlepacks, the Battlefield Hardline Deluxe Edition ensures players will hit the streets ready for whatever comes at them.
More articles about Battlefield: Hardline