In this fast-paced game of skills, players can take on the puzzle game solo, challenge a friend, partner up with friends, or make battle teams. Up to four players can get in on the action.
- Marathon – Get to level 15 and rack up as many points as you can.
- Endless – Play for as long as you can and keep clearing lines for as long as possible.
- Ultra – Get your highest score before time runs out in this three-minute challenge.
- Sprint – Clear 40 lines as quickly as you can.
- Battle – Go head-to-head to knock out your opponents.
- Battle Ultimate – Be the last person playing after using crazy power-ups! Go on the offensive with Carousel and make your opponent’s matrix shift to the left after each move, or trigger Let it Rain and dump blocks down on top of them. Buzz Saw helps you out by clearing away a number of your lines – especially useful when you’re in a spot of trouble.
3DS-exclusive Challenge Modes:
- Master - The Tetriminos drop instantly and appear at the bottom.
- Rotation Lock – The orientation of the Tetriminos are random and you cannot rotate them.
- Escalation – As the game levels up, you’ll have to clear more lines
- Invisible – The Tetriminos become invisible as they drop to the bottom.
Social Feeds keep you up to date with in-game events and allows you to track your friends’ scores. Tetris Ultimate® for 3DS captures and saves your games, allowing you to view your strategy and improve. If your scores get beat, view your friends’ strategies via their in-game replays, then challenge and beat them!
Leaderboards make it easy to post your scores and see how you measure up against your friends. Challenge yourself and stack your skills and scores against other great players around the globe. An official Tetris Rank in the shape of Tetriminos has been implemented to classify and identify the top players. Play by Championship Rules for an even greater feat to see where you place among the most elite players. Are you one of the best in the world?
More articles about Tetris Ultimate