Rendered in an adorable miniaturized art style, the title features more than 200 songs and 60 playable characters from throughout the Final Fantasy franchise – including Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children and Final Fantasy Tactics, as well as more recently released titles like Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. Players can relive nostalgic moments as they tap their way through key Final Fantasy events, field themes and battle arrangements.
Starting 5th August, fans can partake in this musical experience by creating and uploading a music video of themselves performing the main theme of Final Fantasy. To qualify, all submitted videos must be approximately one minute and thirty seconds long, and should include a sign from participants stating their favorite Final Fantasy game.
Judged by the legendary Final Fantasy composer, Nobuo Uematsu, the Grand Prize winner of the contest will receive:
- Complimentary trip for two to attend an upcoming DISTANT WORLDS®: FINAL FANTASY concert
- All of the official soundtracks for the numbered FINAL FANTASY titles
- One FINAL FANTASY STATIC ARTS Mini Figure
- Signed Collector’s Edition of the game
- Signed THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY CURTAIN CALL Limited Edition Japanese 3DS
Runners-up will also be eligible for prizes, including soundtracks for the various FINAL FANTASY titles, signed Collector’s Editions of THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY CURTAIN CALL and FINAL FANTASY STATIC ARTS Figures.
- Versus Battle Mode – Players can now compete head-to-head with friends and other users.
- Quest Medley Mode – Songs from the vast Final Fantasy music catalogue make up unique quests; players can choose their own routes through short, medium and long quests. Players can also share these quests with friends.
- New Characters – The game features over 60 new and old characters, including Barret (Final Fantasy VII) and Yuna (Final Fantasy X-2). Characters from spin-offs, like Benjamin (Final Fantasy Mystic Quest), Ramza (Final Fantasy Tactics) and Zack (Crisis Core -Final Fantasy VII-), also make their debut in this game.
- Collecta Crystarium – Clearing songs and winning battles allow players to obtain Collecta Cards that boost their character stats.
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call, rated T for Teen, will be available for $39.99.
More articles about Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call