A mysterious man known as the Phantom has awakened and hatches a plan to unseal his dark powers. By giving ancient weapons known as the F.A. (Fu-mantion Artifacts) to youths with special abilities, he convinces them to battle each other with the promise to grant the wishes of the victors. However, each time the Fu-mantion Artifacts are used in battle, the space-time continuum weakens. This creates a rift between two parallel worlds, which will inevitably unseal the Phantom’s powers.
Waka, the daughter of the Kumon Family, a clan tasked with protecting the world from the Phantom, and her friend Mikoto, attempt to stop him. However, the Phantom manages to escape and kidnaps Waka’s younger sister, Nagi. Waka and Mikoto, along with Itsuki, the self-proclaimed “Ally of Justice" and Yuzuha, a ninja unpersuaded by the lure of the Phantom, set off to rescue Nagi and stop his nefarious plan.
The game features four playable characters from Phantom Breaker (Mikoto, Waka, Itsuki and Yuzuha), as well as Makise Kurisu of Steins;Gate fame as a playable DLC character.
- Combines the best 8-bit retro aesthetics with modern 3D technology.
- 4 different modes of play: Story, Arcade, Co-op and Battleground.
- Fight as Itsuki, Yuzuha, Waka, and Mikoto from Phantom Breaker, each with their own signature moves and attacks.
- Play as Makise Kurisu from popular anime and game series Steins;Gate, available as DLC.
- Team up with up to 3 of your friends in Co-Op Mode or see who’s the greatest warrior in Battleground Mode.
- Earn experience as you battle through the enemy horde to unlock devastating new skills and build up your attack strength, defense, and speed.
- Battle against ginormous, screen-filling enemies!
Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds will retail for $12 (North & South America) and €10 (Europe) in countries where PlayStation Network applies (in select European countries and excluding Brazil and South Africa). The Makise Kurisu DLC retails for $6 (North & South America) and €5 (Europe).
More articles about Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds