Set in the future, global events have destabilized the world leading to a collapse of modern society, a new world order and an uncertain future for humanity. As the human race struggles to recover, the re-developed nations focus their resources on deep space travel to chart a new beginning for mankind.
As part of an expedition sent to find a home beyond Earth, you will write the next chapter for humanity as you lead your people into a new frontier and create a new civilization in space. Explore and colonize an alien planet, research new technologies, amass mighty armies, build incredible Wonders and shape the face of your new world. As you embark on your journey you must make critical decisions. From your choice of sponsor and the make-up of your colony, to the ultimate path you choose for your civilization, every decision opens up new possibilities.
Fans who pre-order Civilization: Beyond Earth from participating retailers will receive the Exoplanets Map Pack, which includes six custom maps inspired by real exoplanets, at launch.
This map pack includes:
Civilization: Beyond Earth is available for pre-order at participating retailers, and will be available for a suggested retail price of $49.99.
- Kepler 186f: This lush forest planet is one of the oldest known Earth-like planets;
- Rigil Khantoris Bb: Orbiting the closest star to our solar system, the historical records of this arid continental planet’s settlement are well-preserved;
- Tau Ceti d: This planet of seas and archipelagos features a booming biodiversity and a wealth of resources;
- Mu Arae f: Tidally locked in orbit around a weak star, the southern hemisphere of this planet is a blistering desert where the sun never sets, while the northern hemisphere is perpetually in frozen darkness;
- 82 Eridani e: An alien world of scarce water and wracked by tectonic forces;
- Eta Vulpeculae b: A mysterious new discovery with unknown terrain.
More articles about Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth