Take command of the Black Talons company, a fearless mercenary unit currently stationed in the Oberon system providing needed military support in a galaxy torn apart by ruthless dictators and power-hungry warlords. The Black Talons provide everything from specialist squads and supplies, to entire armies, bases – and even powerful mechs of warfare. This comes at a price, of course – but in a universe controlled by the corrupt, is it enough to stand by and watch while great cities burn to the ground and whole civilizations are destroyed all in the name of conquest?
A devastating war has torn the galaxy apart. Dozens of planets and star systems have declared independence or forged new alliances, while governments fall and warlords rise to power. Chaos and corruption are everywhere and so to maintain order and negotiate peace between the ruling factions, private mercenary armies are called to action.
You are commander of the Black Talons company, currently stationed in the Oberon system. After a fierce campaign, the military Tzanar Union has overrun the planet of Genai and blocked all departure from the system: leaving you and the Black Talons stranded. The only means of escape is to help the Genai forces repel the invading army and recapture the planet.
Black Talons allows the player to manage a whole army with ground soldiers, mechs and a battlecruiser as the base of operations. You will have to fight either in a war of conquest and survival through the galaxy, and also be very careful to protect your reputation. Local factions may join your side recruiting new forces on your army and trading benefits, or become hostile which means... well, serious trouble.
Lead your troops, fight your enemies, forge alliances. Watch your back. Survive.
- Persistent and customizable squads.
- Deep campaign mode. The actions of the player directly affect the balance of power on the system. There is one main objective to achieve, but there's much more to do.
- Customizable Battlecruiser. The Battlecruiser serves as the base of operations, and can be customized with weapons or infrastructures that will boost the squad numbers, teleport soldiers or even bombard the battlefield.
- Faction relations. There are a number of neutral minor factions in the game. These factions will have missions available for contract work. When the player completes missions for a certain faction, the relations will improve with that faction. On the other hand, completing missions against a faction will lower the relations with it. Having good relations allows the player to train or buy units unique to that faction. Having bad relations will make that faction randomly attack the player during missions.
- Upgradeable and unique (per class) skill tree for all units
- 5 worlds with different environments and weather conditions that directly affect the battle: rain, fog, snow, ionstorms and more insane stuff.
- Different unit classes with specialized roles: Recon, Tactical, Assault, Support, Engineer. Each class can carry a different set of weapons and has its own abilities. Powerful mechs can enter the battlefield with salvaged or bought equipment and weapons.
More articles about Mechs & Mercs: Black Talons