Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations features a very realistic modeling of air and naval warfare strategy where players take command of modern military operations from post-WW2 all the way to the near future, primarily in a tactical or operational scale.
Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations aims to set a new benchmark for depth and realism in modern air and naval wargames, with detailed modeling of aircraft, surface ships, and submarines, along with multiple historic and hypothetical conflicts, complete with an integrated scenario editor.
Relive the brutal air struggle between Iran and Iraq. Wrestle the Falklands under your control. Hunt down rogue nukes in Pakistan. Go "Down Town" around Hanoi and spar with the deadly NV air defences. Lead nuclear-powered sharks of steel against the masters of antisubmarine ops. Trade volleys of fire in close-quarters gun duels, or obliterate the enemy with sophisticated, heavy-hitting hypersonic missiles from hundreds or thousands of miles away. Escort vital convoys to their destination, or make a last stand against all odds. When things escalate out of control, step up to unconventional or even nuclear weapons. Play the most dangerous game of hide and seek - at sea, on land and in the air. Command is the next generation of air/naval wargaming.
Here is the list of some of the major improvements implemented in this v1.04 version.
- Configurable strike auto-planner. Your planes plot intelligent paths for their missions (complete with multiple off-axis ingress and egress lines, split-to-attack and form-up waypoints, suitable altitudes for each leg etc.). As always you can tweak the strike plan to perfection.
- An extensive array of UI enhancements such as wireframe-only map view, selection-only range symbols, new hotkeys, menu list for quick-jump slots, additional information on the database viewer, configurable ghosted-unit visibility, configurable plotted course visibility, one-click jump to unit mission, single-icon enemy groups and more.
- AI and mission editor additions such as configurable sprint-and-drift, optional prosecution areas for patrols (goodbye fainted drawn-out patrol assets and edge-of-envelope SAM shots, hello true SAM-ambushes!), new doctrine options and more.
- Improved simulation mechanics such as multiple cloud conditions, refined offboard-sonar modelling, ABM/ASAT guidance refinements, realism improvements for anti-missile engagements, longer-range AI torpedo shots and more.
- Significant performance & stability improvements.
- A mile-long list of database additions including future Virginia SSGN versions, Tomahawk MMT, M982 Excalibur guided 155mm artillery, KC-46 tanker, MC-130 with the BLU-82 "Daisy Cutter" & GBU-43 MOAB mega-bombs, Chinese "High New" C4-ISR series, the entire Ukraine naval OOB, Oscar-III SSGN, JLENS, tons of Vietnam-era units, hypothetical systems like the F-19A, A/F-117X, Boeing 747 ALCM carrier and generic CATOBAR mini-carrier, and much more.
More articles about Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations