Space Hulk: Ascension Edition is a 3D, digital, turn based, strategy game, which builds upon the classic board game experience, and adds new RPG style mechanics, additional weapons and enemy types, an all-new chapter and loads of other new features to both the single player and multiplayer experience. Set in the isolated corridors and tomb-like chambers of ancient vessels lost in the graveyard of space, players lead a small force of fearless Space Marine Terminators in a ferocious fight for survival against hordes of predatory, alien Genestealers. The game comes with over 100 missions spread out over 3 complete campaigns, and all new flash missions. These are opportunistic mini-missions encountered as you explore the deep unknowns of the Space Hulk that can yield a tactical advantage or be a deadly trap.
The introduction of squad management and skill progression lets players build their own squads of hardened veterans. There are also new variations of Genestealers to face, and more complex maps to overcome, making the game more fun, challenging and rewarding to play. Space Hulk: Ascension Edition also introduces the Ultramarine chapter, combi weapons and the mighty Cyclone missile launcher as new weapon options, which are sure to shake things up on the battlefield.
“We are happy to announce the next instalment of our Space Hulk game ”, said Thomas Hentschel Lund, CEO of Full Control. “In Space Hulk Ascension, we have kept the core elements of Space Hulk that make it such a unique nerve shredding experience, but we have added new content and features, which take the game to a whole new level. It is a new and intense experience that will blow the minds of both new and old players.
- New Ultramarines Chapter: An all new Space Marine chapter, including a Terminator armed with Cyclone missile launcher.
- Terminator Progression and Customisation: Earn XP during missions and level up attributes and skills, and give your Terminators a personal touch by customising their names, weapon loadout and appearance.
- Campaigns and Missions: 100+ missions spread out over 3 complete campaigns, and all new flash missions. These are opportunistic mini-missions encountered as you explore the deep unknowns of the Space Hulk that can yield a tactical advantage or be a deadly trap.
- Exploration and Discovery: Terminators reveal the layout of the Space Hulk as they venture deep into the darkness.
- Additional Weapons, Tactical Options and Game Rules: Game mechanics have been reworked to make Space Hulk Ascension a true video game experience. .
- Genestealer Variations: Genestealers with Fleshhook, Feeder Tendril and Acid Maw biomorphs have been added to the game, each with their own special game mechanics.
More articles about Space Hulk: Ascension