Galactic Civilizations III is the definitive 4X space strategy game, coming exclusively to 64-bit PCs. Galactic Civilizations III stays true to the core mechanics while adding more depth and options for players to create their own immortal legacy as rulers of the galaxy.
Galactic Civilizations III puts players in charge of one of several fantastical sci-fi races (including 23rd-century humans) about to begin interstellar colonization. Spreading your empire throughout the galaxy, unlocking the secrets of creation through radical scientific research, and building massive fleets of starships to defend your way of life is only the beginning.
As the age of expansion ends and the age of war dawns, you must navigate the waves of conflict crashing through the galaxy. Diplomatic channels may secure your borders, cultural imperialism might expand them peacefully, or you could do things the old-fashioned way through military conquest. Finally, the age of transcendence brings the struggle for galactic dominance to a fever pitch as mighty empires bring titanic forces to bear in the race for final victory.
Galactic Civilizations III is now in beta and available on Steam Early Access for $44.99, five dollars off its regular $49.99 price.
The Galactic Civilizations III beta benefits from years of design work and feedback from thousands of Elite Founders during the game’s alpha period. The unparalleled ship designer has undergone significant usability improvements, and the community has created the first of many amazing designs with it. Shipyards have moved off-planet, so multiple colonies can pool their resources to construct vast armadas in deep space. Race-specific technology trees make each playthrough unique.
Many more improvements are in store for Galactic Civilizations III’s beta period. Diplomacy, a new take on starship combat, trade, and much more are slated to come online in the coming months – but you can play full sandbox games and compete with your friends over Internet multiplayer today for an epic and unforgettable space war experience.
Galactic Civilizations III gives players far more detail in the textures, models, and overall look of everything from the planets they colonize to the fleets they command. New interstellar terrain elements on the hex-based map like black holes and mysterious Precursor relics change the way players explore the galaxy. A completely overhauled ship builder puts nearly every element of starship design in players’ hands, while the new resource system creates fresh opportunities to explore, expand, exploit, and exterminate.
- Incomparable scale: 64-bit architecture allows players to experience unprecedented graphical fidelity and variety, an entirely new level of scale, and opens the door for modders to add a virtually unlimited amount of content to the game.
- Completely redesigned ship builder: An overhauled ship builder puts nearly every element of starship design in players’ hands.
- All-new map features: Interstellar terrain from black holes to enigmatic Precursor relics change the way players explore the map and build their economies.
- Greater political intrigue. The all-new diplomacy system tests players’ cultural, ideological and diplomatic skills as they pursue the many non-military routes to victory.
- Multiplayer: For the first time, Galactic Civilizations players will be able to compete against each other via the Internet.
More articles about Galactic Civilizations III