A pandemic has radically changed known civilization. Twenty years later, infected humans run wild and survivors are killing each other for food, weapons, or whatever they can get their hands on. Joel, a ruthless survivor, is hired to smuggle a 14 year-old girl, Ellie, out of an oppressive military quarantine zone, but what starts as a simple job soon transforms into a profound journey across the U.S.
Set in a devastated, post-pandemic United States, The Last of Us invites players to feel the tension and action of this visceral world through Joel and Ellie’s evolving relationship as they travel across the country. The Last of Us will immerse players in an incredibly realistic, lethal, and savage world through its integration of intense characters that foster emotional resonance, a rich storyline, and gorgeous visuals.
What does it take to survive in the brutal yet beautiful world that is The Last of Us? This is what players will be faced with at every turn as they embark on an epic journey with Joel and Ellie that will explore the depths of humanity and push them to the limits of human perseverance.
Naughty Dog wants to give a little back to recognize and celebrate all these awesome Photo Mode images they’ve been seeing (check this NeoGAF thread)… Starting TODAY at 12:00 PM PST, Naughty Dog are running a Photo Mode Contest for The Last of Us Remastered!
They’ve got some great prizes lined up including poster sized images of your winning photo signed by the Naughty Dog development team (!!!), a Joel and Ellie statuette previously only available in The Last of Us Post Pandemic Edition, a digital copy of The Art of The Last of Us by Dark Horse, and more!
It’s easy to participate:
- The contest starts on August 15, 2014, at 12:00 PM PST and ends on September 5, 2014, at 11:59 PM PST
- You have to be following @Naughty_Dog on Twitter
- Send your entry photo to @Naughty_Dog using the hashtag #TLOUPhotoModeContest
- Your tweet must specify one category you are entering your photo into:
- You must use the “Share” button on your PS4
- You must be a legal resident in one of the 50 United States (excluding Arizona) or Washington, D.C.
- If you haven’t used Photo Mode before, watch this handy tutorial video we made for you
Be sure to read the Official Rules right away and then start sharing your Photo Mode shots.
If you live in Europe – don’t fret, the PlayStation team over there will also run a Photo Mode contest in a few weeks. We’ll update you with more details when we have them!
More articles about The Last of Us