The Division takes place in New York three weeks after a lethal virus is released on Black Friday. In only days, without food or water, society collapses into chaos.
The President invokes Presidential Directive 51, and The Division, a top-secret unit of tactical agents, is activated. The Division, a classified unit of self-supported tactical agents, is activated. Leading seemingly ordinary lives among us, The Division agents are trained to operate independently of command, as all else fails.
When the lights go out, their mission begins.
Fighting to prevent the fall of society, the agents will find themselves caught up in an epic conspiracy, forced to combat not only the effects of a manmade virus, but also the rising threat of those behind it.
It's not safe, whether you go to Central Park or the subway or the Statue of Liberty. Discover a persistent, online, open-world New York where exploration, combat, and RPG player-progression are essential.
- Welcome to a new generation experience in a persistent and dynamic environment, where exploration and player- progression are essential. Teaming up with other Division agents, your mission is to restore order, investigate the source of the virus and to Take Back New York.
- Enter a universe where the time of day and weather conditions deeply impact your gaming experience. Use the environment to a strategic advantage to dominate fights and ambush your enemies. Utilize your gas mask to provide protection from the virus and upgrade it to enter the most highly contaminated areas.
- New York City is being overrun by hostile groups that are trying to take advantage of the crisis. One such group is The Cleaners, who travel throughout the city wherever the contagion levels rise. Wearing hazmat suits and wielding flamethrowers, the Cleaners leave nothing but ash in their wake.
- Trained to act independently from any chain of command, Agents are autonomous and adaptive, working alone or in small groups. They are the last line of defence, activated when all else fails to save what remains.
- As a member of The Division, harness state-of-the-art technology: both networked and prototyped. Loot fallen enemies and upgrade your gear. Customize your character and your back-pack, your lifeline in the event of a collapse, and communicate with the other agents at all times with your smart watch. Customize and level up your weapons. The choices you make will help forge a recovery or plunge the city deeper into chaos.
- Choose and upgrade your skills smartly and synergize with your team mates to increase your chances of winning in combat. Use the ECHO skill, a data collection tool that renders moments frozen in time, to learn valuable information about your immediate environment, find hidden loot, and help you to uncover the truth behind the pandemic.
- Seamlessly team up with friends to take down your enemies and achieve group objectives. Raise the security and morale levels of the surviving citizens of New York to unlock and secure bases of operations. Fight through a city where danger can come from anywhere and anyone, at any moment.
- On your tablet, join your friends in real-time gameplay. The app gives you a bird’s eye view of the battlefield, the ability to aid your allies in combat by attacking enemies or identifying targets and raining destruction down on your enemies.
- Powered by the fully new gen Snowdrop engine, Tom Clancy's The Division sets a new bar in video game realism and open- world rendering. Experience a chaotic and devastated New York like you’ve never seen it before.
More articles about Tom Clancy's The Division