Set in and around a small village in Mexico, Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition is an action-packed, 2D brawler/platformer that alternates between the worlds of the living and the dead. Inspired by Mexican folklore, players take control of a down-on-his luck wrestler named Juan Aguacate, as he fights through hordes of undead enemies and skeleton henchmen to stop the evil Carlos Calaca from gaining ultimate power by sacrificing the beautiful "El Presidente's Daughter”.
Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition will feature a bevy of new content, including an extended story with new game areas, a new boss character, powerful new player abilities and many other enhancements.
Current owners of the original Steam version of Guacamelee! will enjoy a Steam loyalty discount of 66% off the base price of $14.99, while all other Steam users can enjoy a time-limited 10% launch discount.
This version of Guacamelee! STCE will include Steam workshop integration, including a Costume shop, Steam trading cards and plans for future updates.
- Available for purchase on August 21st 2014 from Steam
- Steam Workshop: Costume shop, Steam trading cards, plus some cool future updates...
- Owners of Guacamelee! Gold Edition (Steam) can purchase the game for $4.99
New players can get Guacamelee! STCE for $14.99, with a temporary launch discount of 10% off during the first week on the store
- Expanded Story: An expanded version of the game that includes DLC content from the original
- New Game Areas: Players will ride boats through the Canal of Flowers to save a besieged fishing town, and avoid lava as they climb through the fiery Volcano
- New Boss: Face off against The Trio of Death, a three-headed skeleton that lives in the Volcano, helping the evil Carlos Calaca build his skeleton armies
- New Abilities: Maximize destruction with the powerful new INTENSO combat mode. Plus: Chicken Bombs and Independent Dimension Swapping
- New Enemies: Lethal new elite-class enemies that want to chokeslam luchadores to sleep
- Support for multiple save slots
- Dual currency system that supports permanent item unlocks
More articles about Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition