Lagoon: a quiet, peaceful world, and a world where the life energy known as 'Energi' is abundant. In the past, humans fought with each other over this Energi, craving it for their own ambitions. In the end, this fighting led to the conflict known as the 'Energi War'.
Finally, exhausted from the war, humans laid down their weapons and called an end to the conflict. However, a difficult question remained: the question of what should be done with the 'clones', artificial life forms created for fighting. In the end, though, a decision was reached. The clones were programmed with a control code to remove their ability to fight, and they lived alongside humans.
Fifteen years later… the clones are supposed to be under control, but suddenly, a shocking incident occurs: one of the clones kills its master. Two of the lands which have in the past been hostile enemies come to regard this incident as a threat to the peaceful existence of the human race, and cooperate to form a survey party to investigate the incident. Frey and his survey party journey around the whole of Lagoon investigating the mystery surrounding why the clones ran amok, but in doing so they come across a horrifying plot that threatens to lead to a disaster even greater than that of the Energi War…
"We have been waiting for an opportunity to launch a Wii U title since the system's release in late 2012," said Hiro Maekawa, President and CEO at Natsume. "Alphadia Genesis provided us with a fantastic opportunity to bring our fans an RPG we're sure they're going to love!"
Alphadia Genesis characters:
- Fray is a member of the local guild in the Kingdom of Archleign, and a skilled swordsman; though he’s been invited to join the national army, he prefers the freedom of working on his own schedule. He has a younger sister, Aurra. His primary element is Fire.
- Aurra, an early addition to the party, is an Energi researcher and an expert on clones from the recent Energi Wars. She worries about her brother, and wants to name clones after food. Her primary element is Light.
- Enah, a clone accidentally activated by Fray, is a Model 2000, and more stable than the Model 1000. Wielding a deadly chakra, don't get between her and her master! Her primary element is Water.
- Corone may look meek and demure, but her soft exterior and manners hide a core of steel! From the Kingdom of Augustine, she has been sent by her king to discover the mystery behind clones who have begun murdering their masters – but does she have an ulterior motive? Her primary element is Light.
- Walter is the other member of the Augustine Kingdom investigation squad. He looks down on guild members like Fray, believing anyone with real talent should join their nation’s army. He’s very hot tempered and will squabble frequently with other party members. His primary element is Water.
Players will also meet a sixth mystery party member in the game!
Alphadia Genesis is rated E10+ by the ESRB, and will be available exclusively on the Wii U eShop.
More articles about Alphadia Genesis