Arm yourself with a six-bullet Colt and nerves of steel and - if you dare - travel through infinite, inhospitable lands of forests, mountains, prairie. The places where law is unknown or corrupted, where wraiths whisper strange and terrible things in their ghost towns, where devil himself can wear hat and act like a sheriff. Be ready for difficult decisions, deceptive gunfights and inexplicable mystic element.
Polish indie studio CreativeForge Games has reached its $70,000 Kickstarter goal, as well as the Steam Early Access stretch goal, with 10 days to spare.
Weird West - the genre mixing classic western novels with horror element - is known almost exclusively from comic books and paper RPG. “Hard West” brings that atmosphere to new medium and transform interesting stories into suggestive experience of blood and lead.
Is there any rule that cannot be broken in hardest of times? Will you sell your soul to devil to realize vengeance? Extasy of gold can guide you into horrible actions: burning churches and wiping out cities. In the other hand you will prove you are even more dangerous if you can stay lawful no matter what. But remember - in “Hard West” it is better to stay alive than right.
- 6 scenarios - at least 1 hour of gameplay each, some endless. 3 of the scenarios have been fully prototyped, include at least 5 tactical encounters each, are completely playable and passable.
- World map - implemented and tested. The way it’s implemented allows the designers (and some of our lucky backers) almost infinite possibilities in terms of what events and options can be achieved in exploration.
- Shadow cloak ability - If in thick shadow, character can become invisible for the enemies. Some characters will be able to move within the shadow without becoming visible.
- Blinding sun - depending on the sun angle, shadows and character direction, he may be blinded by the sun.
- Shadow spotting - enemies that are not visible/spotted will cast shadows nevertheless. Shadows will be registered as spotted targets and displayed on hud.
- Creating cover - some objects can be turned over to create cover.
- Manual targeting and ricochets - player can select to target manually and bounce the bullets off metal objects. Shotgun ricochet results in an area of effect damage around the object instead.
- Bribing - some enemies will positively react to a satchel of coins thrown their way; depending on the amount and their loyalty, they can flee or even switch sides.
- Wound system - wounds cripple characters temporarily, but pain makes them stronger. Heal them right away using mixtures, doctors and shamans, or withstand the pain. Survived wounds are forged into permanent perks.
- Character development - this is a major topic for us, so stay tuned for a detailed design.
- Stealth stage - the combat encounters will be preceded by a stage where enemies are not yet alarmed and there are several stealth mechanics accompanying - sound, shadow, distance, disguise and so on.
- Gunpoint ability - allows for locking on an enemy; when the enemy moves the shot is discharged.
More articles about Hard West