Nothing is what it seems anymore, as agents conduct covert warfare of espionage and sabotage, inciting revolts and stealing technologies. At the same time, another alien species native to the planet has appeared, lurking in the shadows. In order to overcome this new alien menace, the different factions start to expand beyond the planet's landmass to generate more resources, opening up a new frontier.
As the World of Pandora is about to plummet into chaos by warfare, espionage and hostile alien species, it is up to you to lead your people and become the ruler of this promised world.
Since the release of Pandora: First Contact in late 2013, developers from Proxy Studios have been carefully collecting players’ feedback and thinking about the pros and cons that were highlighted by the community. At the core of this debate were requests about the diversity in this 4X sci-fi game, and the richness of the diplomatic relations between the factions. As a result the team has been working hard to make the game deeper and released several patches and a free expansion – Return of Messari – that went in this direction, and brought brand new content with a game changer that ensured fun and challenge for the late game.
Even though diplomacy has been improved by the patches, it was still not a decisive feature in the game. But the time for blind and demonstrative war will come to an end on September 19th, the official release date of Eclipse of Nashira, the ultimate expansion for Pandora: First Contact.
Indeed this new add-on is really focused on shadow warfare and underground moves. Espionage, sabotage, riots, and technology theft are only few examples of the new sneaky possibilities that await the players. At the same time the different factions start to expand beyond the planet's landmass to generate more resources, opening up a new frontier. Once more the balance of power should be reconsidered on this inhospitable planet, and both ruse and low blow will now play a major role on the surface of Pandora.
- Agent units allow you to unleash the full palette of covert warfare: Gather information, steal technologies, incite riots, and more.
- A brand new faction specialized in diplomacy, intrigue and sabotage will join the competition for planetary dominance.
- Deploy minefields from orbit to protect key positions and disrupt enemy supply lines.
- Expand your empire beyond the coastlines: Amphibious formers can build territory improvements in the oceans and even raise new landmass.
- Fight a new native alien species that threatens your colonies.
- Various tweaks and improvements to existing mechanics.
Note: This game is an expansion and requires ownership of Pandora: First Contact to play.
More articles about Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira