Blast your way through decimated urban landscapes at incredible speeds while switching between robot and tank modes to rain punishment on endless waves of mechanical foes. MechRunner features exciting, non-stop action, stunning 3D visuals and a Hollywood-style soundtrack.
Spark Plug Games is excited to partner with veteran film industry concept artist Josh Nizzi (Avengers, Iron Man, Transformers) to bring the world of MechRunner to life.
Originally scheduled for release this summer, the game has been pushed until Q4 2014, and here is the reason why:
Showing MechRunner to editors and consumers has been a great opportunity to garner feedback, and we've been taking that feedback to heart. One of the biggest changes to the overall gameplay on all platforms is we've removed the "on rails" movement, and are now letting players more directly control the XP41 vehicle and 'mecha in the game. We are also adding additional content to build the immersion around combat sections and the arcade-action feel of the game.
Last but not least, we've been polishing up MechRunner's visuals, which you can see in the screens below.
- Switch between mech and tank modes on-the-fly
- Slice & dice enemy units with your sword
- Rescue civilians for extra points and awards
- Access an extensive arsenal of weapons, customizations, and power-ups
- Unique environments that blend seamlessly together
- Numerous enemy types each with different tactics (and weaknesses)
- Epic boss battles
- A dynamically shifting environment offers unexpected obstacles, cover and danger
- Unlockable skins, upgrades, and achievements
More articles about MechRunner