As the prequel to the TV series, the Sonic Boom video games will deliver a Sonic experience like no other. Two unique and epic adventures on 3DS & Wii U as Sonic and team work together to stop an ancient evil – Lyric, the team’s most powerful enemy yet! Play as multiple characters, each with their own abilities, as you explore, fight and speed through an undiscovered land. Each game features its own individual story and gameplay features.
Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal is a standalone adventure that shares key characters, events and lore of the Sonic Boom universe with exclusive environments and characters, as well as an emphasis on platforming and puzzles.
In addition to Sonic, Tails and Knuckles, gamers will also be able to take on the role of Sticks, the newest member of the team. She will play an integral role in the story after her best friend Amy gets kidnapped by the ancient villain Lyric.
- Sticks Joins The Team – Switch between four unique characters, including a new member of the team Sticks with her new boomerang
- Enerbeam – Multi-purposed device used to fight enemies, traverse the environment and slingshot between the foreground and background areas
- Exploration-Based Environments – Levels are packed full of secrets, and will open up further for more exploration and replayability as you progress each character’s unique and upgradable moves
- Stage Variety – Not just a story mode, but boss battles, rival races, special stages and more
- Nintendo 3DS Features – StreetPass collectibles mini-game
- Unique collectibles featured in the 3DS version will unlock special content on the Wii U version via local communication.
More articles about Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal