The initial game is set during the Second War of Armageddon and players will lead the Imperial forces of the Armageddon Steel Legion and Space Marinesfrom the Ultramarines, Blood Angels and Salamanders Chapters against Ghazghkull Thraka’s massive Ork Waaagh! invasion through over 30 scenarios, on the hostile terrain of the planet and its gigantic Hive Cities.
Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon is now ready to enter the PC beta phase and we invite players to help us test it!
By signing up for the beta, players will have a chance to be selected to be one of the lucky few, who will be able experience Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon before release and help us with the final touches, ensuring a smooth release later this year.
- The game portrays the Second War for Armageddon in great detail, from the initial Ork landings to the final liberation of the planet;
- It contains a large branching campaign with 30 major scenarios, plus additional 5 tutorial scenarios that explore the story in detail;
- A complex plot, which can develop during a mission, right in the middle of battle, creating an engaging story line with unexpected twists;
- Players lead Imperial troops of the Armageddon Steel Legion, with supporting assets from a number of Space Marine chapters against the ferocious Orks;
- Fight alongside Commissar Yarrik and Commander Dante against the cunning Ork Warboss Ghazghkull Thraka;
- Carry over battle-hardened veterans from scenario to scenario, using their experience and upgrading their equipment;
- Detailed combat model with terrain, weather and morale effects;
- Over 100 unit types, with unique roles, 20 different stats and special abilities;
- Extensive modding options delivered through a powerful and easy-to-use game editor.
- A separate set of maps are designed and balanced specifically for multiplayer via Slitherine's PBEM++ system.
More articles about Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon