With the potential of a collective horde of over 1.000 zombies, television spectators vote upon how many and what kind of zombies or obstacles they want to un-cage to make survival all the more harder for you to accomplish.
The arena comprises of hundreds of hexagon shaped tiles that are capable of totally changing the dynamics of the gameplay by altering the landscape by spawning new obstacles, such as various cars and knives and others; hexagons temporarily caving in on themselves to create dangerous traps for civilians to cautiously navigate; hexagons temporarily raising from the ground to create a blockade that may keep some zombies out, but when they find their way around or if they are all already in front of the barrier, then you are in for a tough time fighting your way out of that horde; alongside many more ever changing hexagonal gameplay dynamics.
- Hordes of zombies to fight!
- Live stream interactions enabling spectators to affect gameplay while watching the broadcast via Live from PlayStation or Twitch.
- Interactively changing arena.The arena comprises of hundreds of hexagon shaped tiles that are capable of totally changing the dynamics of the gameplay by altering the landscape by spawning new obstacles, such as various cars and knives and others.
- Multiple weapons (7 weapons at launch) and ammo types (normal/armor-piercing/freezing/toxic)
- Powerful perks and leveling system. Killing significant quantities of zombies will earn XP, which will eventually enable the player to level up, which is a very important process as it provides the player with a choice of perks that will be incredibly helpful in surviving the hordes of zombies.
Social interactivity is a hugely important feature for #killallzombies as Beatshapers wants to deliver the most engaging socially interactive and fun game in the third-person shooter genre. A central attribute to the social interactivity is involving stream viewers into core gameplay elements via chat and voting mechanics, which allows for people to not only spectate, but also participate during a player’s live broadcasting of #killallzombies via PS4' Live from PlayStation and Twitch website.
There are four ways that spectators can affect the game for the broadcaster:
- Every ~80 seconds, we have a choice of two encounters options available to vote via interactions including: encounter spawns and various arena events.
- The perk selection screen has its own voting mechanic in which if the player decides to wait and select the spectator’s most voted perk, the player will be offered extra XP and Health.
- The chat commands are available throughout the broadcast as we are executing chat commands in real time; allowing the spectators to affect on a variety of imperative decisions that can significantly increase or decrease your chance of survival: affecting character’s speed or health, changing arena configuration, spawning more zombies and obstacles; and for the most evil of spectators is the opportunity to deliberately change the camera angle to a less effective perspective and reverse the entire control scheme and much more!
The streaming interaction/broadcasting is optional but greatly expanding the gameplay by creating accidental game events, even if player has zero spectators. There will also be plenty of hidden commands that you will have to figure out for yourself along the way during gameplay and we will be posting special announcements on social media.
There is plenty of weaponry and at launch will be available Beretta, Revolver, Sawed-off shotgun, M-16, M-60 and a futuristic X-Bow and Plasma Gun, while there are various bullet types including: normal bullets, armor-piercing rounds that are capable of shooting directly through zombies and freezing bullets, although we set about adding even more weaponry and bullet types in the future development of the game too.
The control scheme consists of your typical twin-stick shooter with the left analogue stick moving the character and the right analogue stick shooting in the appropriate direction. The player will fight through various categories of zombies, such as slow, fast, jumping, gigantic and enraged bosses.
Killing significant quantities of zombies will earn XP, which will eventually enable the player to level up, which is a very important process as it provides the player with a choice of perks that will be incredibly helpful in surviving the hordes of zombies. The perks have a tremendous power to each of them that can shift the balance of power from the hordes of zombies surrounding you to the player as the perks range from invisibility resulting in the zombies not being able to see the location of the character they are pursuing and insta-death, which sensationally leaves absolutely every zombie in a crumpled heap dead on the ground and not getting back up from it this time, amongst various other perks.
More articles about #killallzombies