State of Decay is an open sandbox world that develops in real-time, dynamically generating content based on your actions, the choices you make, and the ever-increasing zombie threat. Decide where you’d like to set up a fortified safe haven for you and other survivors you’ve rescued, then form raiding parties to gather resources and create supply chains. Use the materials you’ve gathered to develop your community as you see fit, but be careful — resources will deplete as you pillage areas, and zombies are attracted to noise and activity. Take up the offensive by assaulting hordes before they reach your settlement, or focus on improving your defenses against the massed zombie attacks. Every choice and every action matter in this fully simulated, evolving world.
What if society came screeching to a halt? What if all our rules and laws no longer mattered? State of Decay brings these questions to life in a very real way. It’s not just about combat; it’s about doing what you must do to stay alive. Food, water, shelter, and ammo — you’ll need them all. Taking you beyond the initial panic, and beyond the first weeks of the crisis, State of Decay is the embodiment of the “What if?” zombie apocalypse scenario.
State of Decay: Year-One Survival Edition brings the hit zombie-survival-fantasy franchise to Xbox One and PC, delivered in beautifully premastered 1080p.
- All ‘first-year’ content completely remastered: The original“State of Decay,” along with major add-ons “Breakdown” and “Lifeline” are fully-remastered in stunning 1080p. Improved lighting, textures, and shadows bring the faded beauty of Trumbull Valley and the city of Danforth to life like never before. Animations and combat mechanics are completely over-hauled to add a new level of intensity and action. Hundreds of a smaller improvements to core game systems make “State of Decay: Year-One Edition” a must-have for Xbox One and PC.
- Xbox One additions
- Community Challenges and Rewards
- Individual Rewards
- Game DVR
- New content: More than you can pack into a single backpack, “State of Decay: Year-One Survival Edition” has enough content to satiate new and old fans alike:
- New Mission Type: Cleo Drop: Mysterious military-looking supply crates are dropping into remote areas across all maps, and their beacons seem to attract massive hordes of zombies. If you've got the firepower, you can pick up some of the rarest and most powerful equipment in the game.
- New vehicles: SUV…and more: The new SUV sets a new standard for durability, and it doesn't end there — brand-new vehicle skins are distributed across all maps.
- Unlocking Heroes: Lifeline Roster: Your favorite characters from “Lifeline” can now be unlocked in “Breakdown” with a new set of Challenges. Hop into the familiar boots of Hawkes, Kilo, and Vince ... or take control of the previously unplayable Kelly “Sasquatch” Eldridge.
- New weapons: Under-barrel attachments and Incendiary Ammo: Now if you find the right weapons, you can switch to an under-barrel grenade launcher or a masterkey shotgun on your assault rifle ... or load incendiary ammunition into any shotgun, and take out crowds of zombies without even switching weapons.
- New Music: Featuring 30 minutes of intense new music from award winning composer Jesper Kyd.
- Community Improvements: The facility actions from ‘Lifeline’ now show up in every version of the game, including ammo-refilling and snack-making at your base. NPC Enclaves are also getting a makeover, making it easier to trade and build trust with them.
More articles about State of Decay