Rollers brings together the drama of RPGs with the fun and skill mastery of pinball, combining physics puzzle play with a unique nudge mechanic. Each character is a pinball, and each scene in the story is a new pinball board. Players can hot-swap characters during play to combat enemies on each board and protect their vulnerable flippers.
In the game, static pinball tables are replaced by dynamic locations with objectives, secrets, and multiple areas. Along with the standard bumpers are AI-controlled enemies, who can attack and do damage to the pinball flippers. And the familiar shiny silver pinballs? Those become playable characters, each with different attributes, special abilities and even physics. The story opens up through an epic six chapters, where players will have to master the strengths and weaknesses of each character ball.
Along with compelling backstories and personal agendas that get revealed through main story progress, characters come to life in voice-acted cinematics and dialog scenes. New characters with new abilities can be unlocked and can browse the realm's item shop. Upgrades bestow enchantments and special abilities that will be needed to topple some of the game's tougher bosses.
- Incorporates physics puzzle and combat play with a unique nudge mechanic and innovative flipper mechanics.
- Cast of 10 hot-swappable player characters (represented by balls), each providing a different strategic role in all areas of play.
- 30 levels today -- more in the works!
- Combat a variety of enemies, mini-bosses and bosses.
- Loot drops include multipliers, power-ups and treasure.
- Hire new characters and buy better equipment as the story progresses.
- Professionally voice-acted, 6-chapter story mode.
- Arcade mode: 5 core boards today -- more in the works!
Rollers of the Realm will be available for $9.99, and will be cross-buy and cross-save on PS4/Vita.
More articles about Rollers of the Realm