Sea of Thievesis an immersive, shared-world adventure game filled with pirates, unexpected dangers and loot for the taking. Be the pirates you want to be, share adventures with friends and set your own rules, roles and goals in a world where every sail on the horizon is another crew of players with unknown intent.
If you’ve been following the development of Sea of Thieves, then you know we’re building our shared-world pirate adventure in a different manner than our previous titles. With an emphasis on community involvement and feedback, we’ve been inviting players into the game sooner than ever before.
This kicked off with our Technical Alpha last December and Technical Alpha Update 0.1.0: The Quest for Gold, which gave players new tools and matchmaking capabilities. This weekend’s update, 0.1.1: Taming New Seas, introduces elements that change the way players experience the game: gravity, voyage system implementation, new regions and islands, and maniacal gun-toting skeletons, to name a few! It also means that we’re inviting more of our Sea of Thieves Insiders to have a go in our treacherous waters.
As we move forward developing Sea of Thieves, we’ll have additional Technical Alpha Updates and will be growing our invited player-base as we move through the phase. With every Technical Alpha Update for Sea of Thieves, we invite more of our Insiders to help test the game – and it’s not too late to join! You can enlist in our armada of potential testers by signing up today.
Until next time!
- A unique co-op experience that combines the thrill of adventuring together with friends with the unpredictability of a shared landscape and its threats, both from other players and the world itself.
- Designed around players working together with shared goals and rewards, where you’ll go on epic voyages in search of legendary artefacts and buried treasure, but in a world where every sail on the horizon is another crew. What flag are they flying, and what do they want?
- Crew up with your friends and be the pirates you want, choosing your own roles and goals. Explore the world, take on quests, or seek out conflict. It’s your crew against the world, and how you deal with other crews is entirely up to you.
- Invites players into a beautiful world with a distinctive art style, ripe for exploration and with mythical creatures lurking on islands and under the inviting surface of the sea…
- Offers an experience that will evolve over time, landing in players’ hands early and growing thanks to community insights and feedback. New ways to play will be unveiled as the world expands and evolves.
More articles about Sea Of Thieves