Starpoint Gemini Warlords will include the culmination of the best of the ideas, suggestions and requests made by the playing community, during the original title’s Early Access period, which were too numerous and extensive to integrate into the original title, or represented a very different style of gameplay.
Humans, fleeing from the ruined Solar system trickled into Gemini in rag-tag convoys, their ships barely holding together. Planet Phaeneros, located in the farthest reaches of the Gemini system, abandoned long before Gemini gained its independence, will become their new home... your new home. You should prepare for what's coming, captain. The Solari Concord needs you!
Many community requested features have been implemented in this aptly named ‘Planetary Assault’ update and players can now board and capture ships, take over space stations and attack and take over 15 planets. This update and its massive improvements is the last update before the game moves into Beta stage.
Available now in the ‘Planetary Assault’ update are the following new features:
- Planetary Assault - Players can now attack and take over 15 planets (not counting Phaeneros), all waiting for you to rule with an iron fist. There’s also a new battleship class to construct, and a whole new Tech group to research and develop. This update lays the groundwork for even more sophisticated updates, currently in the pipeline
- Taking over stations - If you can conquer planets, why wouldn't you do the same with stations? Well, now you can! No more unconquerable territory in Gemini. It is all up for grabs!
- Boarding and Capturing Ships – Nothing is off limits as players can now board and capture other ships to keep for themselves, sell off, scuttle for materials, reverse engineer or even pass the ship to aiding war fleets. Related research techs and perks accompany this update.
- Updated Context Menu – For those who have been asking, the long awaited paused game while on context feature is gone (unless you like it, in which case, you can toggle it on…).
- Various Bug Fixes – Little Green Men Games has been hard at work, making vast improvements to the game before its full release later this year.
As a special celebration of today’s ‘Planetary Assault’ update, starting on Monday, March 20, 2017 at 10AM PDT, Starpoint Gemini Warlords will be on sale for 25% off as a Steam Weeklong deal.
The campaign mode continues the story from Starpoint Gemini 2 after the Gemini Protectorate and its allies managed to fend off the Brotherhood threat. The Empire, both in their mainspace and in Gemini have been wiped out. Only small pockets of resistance remain. Progress through the storyline at your own pace and make difficult choices along the way, changing how the storyline will ultimately play out.
The conquest mode is for the free roamers. Strip away the campaign, but leave everything else and you have yourself the conquest mode. Create a story of your own and completely change the face of Gemini!
Warlords is a spin-off to Little Green Men Games' space sim Starpoint Gemini 2. The majority of the planned features and implemented ideas came directly from the Starpoint Gemini 2 community. All the things asked about and requested that we simply couldn’t implement in Starpoint Gemini 2, are now integrated into Warlords. And these are not minor features. We’re redoing entire sections of both gameplay and the underlying game engine.
- Headquarters. Construct and upgrade your own personal space station; a massive structure that enables you to conduct research, build ships, assemble autonomous fleets and much more.
- Conquer Territory. Gradually expand your reign over unclaimed territory, by battling minor factions, or conquer the entire Gemini sector, by facing off against familiar strong Gemini foes, familiar from the previous Starpoint Gemini titles. Reinforce conquered regions to defend themselves.
- Conduct Research on simple weapon enhancements, obtain the expertise to construct a titan class behemoth, or boost the effectiveness of your non-combat fleets. Equipment, ship systems, enhancements and ships can still be bought, but he best ‘stuff’ can only be researched, constructed and improved in your HQ.
- Construction and research demand the allocation of resources. Gather them by conducting missions for other factions, trade or purchase resources, or conquer regions providing a steady flow of resources, and bonuses.
- A far larger game world will allow more distinction between ship sizes, pockets of empty space to travel through and your own giant space HQ where ships can be ‘parked’.
- Skill classes, attributed skills and perk progression will be revamped and rebalanced, as will levelling-up, the reputation system and diplomacy.
- Storyline vs Free-roam: The campaign storyline will be blended in with the more generic conquer quests. Free-roam mode strips all main storyline missions, but leaves side quests and generic freelance missions intact.
- A full branching dialogue scheme, the industry standard in modern RPGs.
- Technical additions include: x64 system only, projection mapping, deferred shading, physically based rendering and realistic physics.
Starpoint Gemini Warlords is currently available for $24.99 for Steam Early Access, with regular updates of various sizes throughout the coming weeks.
More articles about Starpoint Gemini Warlords