Offering the opportunity to craft your own journey within the solo experience or become part of a four-player multi-player adventure, Portal Knightsincludes spectacular dungeon crawling, castle building and boss fighting. Portal Knightsallows players the chance to visit other worlds and biomes as they progress through the game, whilst the game’s skill tree and lightweight levelling system allows players to set goals and vary to different styles by offering unique role-playing game (RPG) playerclasses.
The Portal Knights adventure begins as players create their character as a Warrior, Mage or Ranger from a multitude of customization opportunities that can be continually enhanced throughout the game. Once a character is created, players are immersed into the world of fun and fantasy with dozens of randomly generated environments, each one uniquely populated with enemies to vanquish, treasures to discover and resources to mine. Across this dangerous ruinous world, the action-packed journey features an interconnected web of ancient portals inviting players to craft, battle and build their own adventure on a quest to become the ultimate Portal Knight!
The free trial version of Portal Knights provides newcomers and hardcore fans an early taste of the game’s immersive world with the ability to craft, battle and build an entirely unique adventure in Portal Knights’ randomly generated worlds. Magic, monsters and mystery awaits in dungeons and castles across more than 40 unique islands as players encounter epic boss battles and enjoy both single and two-player cooperative multiplayer gameplay.
The features available in the free trial of Portal Knights will include:
- Make your hero: Choose your class between warrior ranger and mage and customize your avatar appearance through a powerful editor. Explore the first island to level up your hero and forge your unique Portal Knight by assigning attribute points and learning unique talents. You can even find a pet companion which will join you in the adventure.
- Learn the Portal Knights basics: Hone your tactical combat skills by facing fearsome blobs during the day and the deadly hollow knights who come out only at night. Harness the deep crafting system and use mined resources to make new equipment and armour. Take the first step towards a homely big castle by renovating your dilapidated farmhouse and growing crops. Explore the island for a dungeon filled with skeletons and treasure, in your hunt for portal shards to open the gate to the next island. Onwards adventurer!
- Live your adventure alone or with your friends: The Trial version will allow you to experience the game both in single and in multiplayer thanks to the offline coop mode for 2 players split screen. Join forces to build structures, explore dungeons, defeat monsters, complete quests, trade items and journey on the first island, Squire’s Knoll.
- Transfer your in-game progresses to the full game: The free trial save data can be transferred to the full game once released, so players can continue their adventure from where they left off!
Players who pre-order Portal Knights will receive exclusive bonus content for the PS4 and Xbox One version if purchased through participating retailers. Players can check with their local retailer for specific pre-order offering.
- Travel between randomly generated 3D sandbox worlds – Traverse unique environments, discover creatures and resources for crafting. Explore caves, mineshafts and dungeons filled with surprises.
- Tactical action combat - Strike foes and dodge their attacks in fast-paced third-person battles. Outwit each enemy’s unique AI and choose from an assortment of weapons and spells to defeat them!
- Unique RPG classes to choose from and master - Play as a Warrior, Mage or Ranger and customize appearance, abilities and gear.
- Epic boss battles - Face off against the Portal Guardians, the most formidable beasts in the realm, in their twisted arenas.
- Gather unique resources from across the worlds to craft an arsenal and supplies - Upgrade crafting stations and expand the recipe list to +100 items, complete with specific crafting trees based on players’ character class.
- Construct a stronghold from dozens of materials and furnishings - Display the hard-earned treasure from players’ journeys. Plant a farm and reap harvest as crops grow in real time.
- Join friends in 4-person cooperative multiplayer - Throughout the whole experience, build structures, explore dungeons and team up together in combat
Portal Knights will be available on PS4, XBOX One via retail stores and digital download on 19th May (Europe) and 23rd May (North America), and will also leave the PC Early Access phase on STEAM with a full “1.0” version at the same time.
More articles about Portal Knights