Dead by Daylight is a multiplayer (4vs1) horror game where one player takes on the role of the savage Killer, and the other four players play as Survivors, trying to escape the Killer and avoid being caught, tortured and killed.
Survivors play in third-person and have the advantage of better situational awareness. The Killer plays in first-person and is more focused on their prey.
The Survivors' goal in each encounter is to escape the Killing Ground without getting caught by the Killer - something that sounds easier than it is, especially when the environment changes every time you play.
The game features procedurally generated levels, so players never experience a repetitive map. Be the killer and massacre all your victims before they escape, by using your speed and power in 1st person, or team up with your friends to try and outwit the killer with your superior awareness and agility in a 3rd person's view as he hunts you through a nightmare world.
Behaviour Interactive, Starbreeze Publishing, and 505 Games prepare to publish four-versus-one asymmetrical horror game Dead by Daylight to physical and digital retail formats of PS4 and Xbox One on June 20th, 2017 in North America and June 23rd, 2017 in Europe for a suggested retail price of $29.99.
The retail versions of Dead by Daylight will come packed with extra content:
- The Original Soundtrack
- The 80’s Suitcase add-on
- The Bloodstained Sack add-on
- The Of Flesh and Mud chapter add-on
- And a future DLC to be announced!
Players take on the role of both killer and survivors in a deadly game of cat and mouse. It’s a Mature Gamer take on the thrills of Hide & Seek!
- A Feast for Killers – Dead by Daylight draws from all corners of the horror world. Play anything from a powerful Slasher to terrifying paranormal entity. Players can familiarize themselves with the Killing Grounds and master each killer’s unique power to be able to hunt, catch and sacrifice victims.
- Deeper and Deeper – Each killer and survivor has their own deep progression system and plenty of unlockables that can be customized to fit each player’s own personal strategy. Experience, skills and understanding of the environment are key to being able to hunt or outwit the killer.
- Real Fear – Expect the unexpected. Ambience, music, and chilling environments combine into a terrifying experience. With enough time, players might even discover what’s hiding in the fog.
- Survive Together… Or Not – Survivors can either cooperate with the others or be selfish. Chances for survival depend on player’s decisions.
- Where Am I? – Each level is procedurally generated, so players never know what to expect. Random spawn points mean players will never feel safe as the world and its danger change every play through.
More articles about Dead by Daylight