In the world of All Walls Must Fall, the Cold War never ended. For 150 years, both sides have used time manipulation technology to observe and counter each other’s every move. Now this fragile state of affairs is approaching breaking point, as a rogue nuclear strike has been ordered that will send the world into turmoil. Both sides have scrambled to send agents back in time to find the person behind the order in the hope they might prevent it. If they fail, the whole world will turn to ash, forever.
All Walls Must Fall is an isometric tactics game where action happens to the pulsing beat of the music. You control time travelling secret agents as they jump and loop through a single night in the city of Berlin. Using a pausable real-time system, carefully plan your decisions and use powerful time manipulation abilities to your advantage, as you carry out your mission in the shadows or in plain sight. Levels are procedurally recombined using a bespoke system developed by inbetweengames, giving All Walls Must Fall a highly replayable campaign structure, while still offering individually crafted components and set-pieces.
inbetweengames announced that the Kickstarter for its tech-noir tactics game - All Walls Must Fall - has been successfully completed, securing €36,576, over double the €15,000 the team was initially hoping to raise.
These extra funds will enable the studio to push ahead with plans to launch a closed alpha in May for backers on itch.io with content updates planned for every 3-6 weeks based on the team’s completed stretch goals. The game will then launch publicly on Steam Early Access, enabling everybody to sample the game’s sleek cyberpunk take on Berlin club culture and classic turn based gameplay.
“We’re totally overwhelmed by the support of our generous backers,” said Jan David Hassel, Designer at inbetweengames. “The Kickstarter went way over what any of us could have reasonably expected or hoped for. Now the real fun, not to mention hard work, begins as we deliver on the turning the Kickstarter into a reality. We’re totally committed to giving players the dopest, future soviet club experience possible.”
Over the course of the Kickstarter, and with the help of their generous backers, many of stretch goals set by inbetweegames have been met. These include:
- Vandalism (€20,000) - Increased environment destructibility and a deepening of the game’s cover system.
- Drone Warfare (€25,000) - Hackable enemy drones added as well as new mission and room types.
- Bad Language (€30,000) - New dialogue options added as well as the ‘disinformation’ mission type.
- Discrimination (€35,000) - New gameplay centered around the nightmare of clubbing door policy to life while also diversifying the club’s range of NPCs.
Two new music tracks were also added as part of the stretch goals with a further track announced during the campaign. Jukio Kallio (Nuclear Throne, LUFTRAUSERS) has contributed a pulsating acid techno workout while Ben Prunty (FTL, Gravity Ghost) has added a 8-bit electro crawler. Esteemed electronic producer Kuedo (Severant, Slow Knife) is providing a dark and minimal techno track, rife with the future anxieties the game depicts. For those that missed the Kickstarter but still want to support the game, they can head over to All Walls Must Fall’s Backer Kit, where it’s possible to preorder a Steam key and buy the game’s beautiful merchandise.
- Isometric action tactics game for download on PC and Mac
- Procedurally generated levels and campaign that plays different every time
- Developed by a team of former AAA professionals using Unreal Engine 4
- Sci-Fi noir Berlin as a divided city in which the Cold War never ended
- A parable that reflects on free will, moral ambiguity and the meaning of freedom
- Mixed 2D/3D art style of a propaganda poster brought to life
- Mind-bending time manipulation abilities
- Pausable real-time tactics with actions on the beat of the music
- Synaesthetic nightclub environments and audio
- A simulation sandbox featuring crowd simulation and destructible objects
- A focus on player agency and expression fostering different play styles including combat, hacking and social stealth using specialized secret agent characters
- An inclusive representation of the people of Berlin including their diverse cultural, sexual and gender identities
More articles about All Walls Must Fall