In Armored Warfare, powered by the CryEngine, you will find yourself behind the treads of the most modern mechanized destructive machines on the planet. From general purpose combat vehicles, to main battle tanks, and even long-range high-powered artillery, it will be up to you to defeat your enemies and control the battlefield.
In Armored Warfare, players will take on the role of private military contractors who are called into action throughout a modern virtual world. Overseeing their own personal command base, players will expand, enhance, and customize their headquarters, manage and upgrade their military convoy of vehicles, and train and develop their crews through a robust reputation and experience system. Dynamic environments in Armored Warfare require players to change strategies on the battlefield at a moment’s notice keeping them ever vigilant to the tides of battle.
Armored Warfare features next-gen visuals, dynamic destructible environments, customizable vehicles and intense team-based gameplay where players work to crush each other with the power of modern combat vehicles in a free-to-compete experience.
Drive modern tanks, armored vehicles and more..
The Tanks Reloaded update and its main feature, Balance 2.0, mark the beginning of a new era for Armored Warfare. Balance 2.0 consists of many highly impactful gameplay and balance changes that represent the foundation for the game’s future development. 26 new vehicles are added for tank commanders to drive to the modern battlefields and wreak havoc in a new PvP map and brand-new PvE missions.
Tanks Reloaded will define the further steps for the game’s genre defining mode Global Operations, by adding the large scale and Caucasus-themed map “Barren Divide”. A fully interactive map with overhead surveillance drones, fighter bombers and static anti-tank turrets functioning as a 3rd party support for each of the competing teams. Global Operations is an exciting new game mode for the genre and fuses the PvE and PvP game modes together in a unique and explosive mix.
Features introduced with Tanks Reloaded (Update 0.19):
- 26 New Vehicles
- New PvP map: Chemical Plant
- New Global Operations map: Barren Divide
- PvE Mission: Raiding party
- PvE Mission: Watchdog
- Skirmish mode
- Balance 2.0
Balance 2.0 is a catch-all for a set of changes and improvements coming to Armored Warfare in Update 0.19 based on community feedback which solve the problems in high tier gameplay and alleviates the power creep between tiers throughout the game. Another major part of Balance 2.0 is the re-evaluation of every core gameplay mechanic, including: damage mechanics, class abilities, retrofits, upgrades, and crew skills. This fulfills the purpose of ensuring these mechanics are working cohesively to deliver balanced and exciting gameplay as intended. Learn more details about Balance 2.0 on the dedicated page to the upcoming changes.
A variety of team-based tactical and competitive gameplay modes in Armored Warfare will not only test the mettle of players in PvP, but will have them pulling together group strategies in order to overcome grueling player-versus-environment (PvE) scenarios. Players will also be able to join Clans and participate in large scale Territory Wars in the power struggle for world domination. Armored Warfare will continue to be updated and supported for years to come with new weapons, vehicles, base elements, and battle modes.
- Players will hop into the cockpits of modern combat vehicles and heavy military weaponry in Armored Warfare to do battle across cooperative campaigns and team-based matches.
- Armored Warfare puts players in full control of upgrading and building their arsenal of military vehicles and weapons based on the way the want to play offering a diverse path and wide-range of strategies to be implemented.
- A variety of team-based tactical and competitive gameplay modes in Armored Warfare will test the mettle of players where group strategies must be employed to take on and overcome unique player-versus-environment (PvE) scenarios and other players and teams.
- As an online game, Obsidian Entertainment will continually release new gameplay modes, military vehicles and weapons, upgrades, base expansions and more in Armored Warfare.
More articles about Armored Warfare