Elex is set against the backdrop of a brand new post-apocalyptic science fantasy universe that immerses players in a vast, seamless game world full of interesting characters, mutated creatures, deep moral choices and of course, some thrilling action.
Magalan, the completely open game world of Elex, was home to a highly developed civilisation until a catastrophic meteor strike devastated the planet, reducing it to a post-apocalyptic world. The meteor also deposited a substance that is now found in nearly everything: Elex, and each faction uses it in a different way. Every inhabitant of the world is constantly looking for Elex, whether as a substance with magical powers, to use in a weapon or as a pure stimulant.
Elex is all about contrasts: science vs fantasy, magic vs laser weapons and logic vs emotions. In ELEX, Piranha Bytes combines all the game elements that RPG fans love and has placed them in an entirely new environment: a science-fantasy setting. These contrasts are also evident in the various factions.
While one faction, the Albs, consider the ingestion of Elex as part of their cult, the Clerics group ban the consumption of Elex on religious grounds, and use it to build their high-tech weapons. The Berserkers however, a people who live in harmony with nature, process Elex into mana and use it to craft magical weapons. As for the Bandits, their society has no fixed rules, but they live by the credo: “Take anything you can grab, or someone else will.”
This prologue trailer recounts the events on Magalan, home to a civilization of millions, after the comet hit; earthquakes shattered its cities and firestorms swept the planet. As Magalan fell into darkness, the survivors faced a world that was unrecognizable. The prologue leads up to the point where players will be thrown into this world, now controlled by a substance called Elex.
- Sci-Fi Meets Fantasy: A post-apocalyptic universe that seamlessly blends science-fiction and fantasy elements.
- Reason vs. Emotion: The player himself decides which way to go; there’s no right or wrong.
- 100% Authentic: The game AI takes decisions that make the game action and events perfectly logical.
- Epic Combat System: The complex combat system and total control over the characters enable you to “read” your enemies.
- Jetpack Frenzy: Jetpack makes vertical exploration so much easier and offers a whole new dimension of fresh opportunities.
- RPG True to its Name: The player’s decisions influence the course of the entire game.
More articles about ELEX