"Monster Hunter Freedom's incredible graphics, deep gameplay and addictive multiplayer quests represent the very best that the PSP system has to offer," said Mark Beaumont, executive vice president, officer and head of Capcom consumer software publishing in the Americas and Europe. "In Japan, we've seen the Monster Hunter phenomenon take off based on players coming together for face-to-face multiplayer 'hunting parties,' which we will foster with our own community here in North America."
The non-stop epic hunt-or-be-hunted adventure continues with more content and options than ever before! Monster Hunter Freedom 2 builds on Monster Hunter 2 (Dos) for PS2 (previously released in Japan only) and contains over 50% more content than the original Monster Hunter Freedom. In this unique action-adventure game, gamers increase their play skills as they battle through breath-taking environments while defeating bloodthirsty creatures. The series has proven to be a phenomenal success with sales exceeding 3.7 million units worldwide and Monster Hunter Portable 2nd as Japan's #1 PSP system title.
As mighty hunters, players can face a variety of quests alone, but the true spirit of the game comes alive with the aid of others. Multiplayer cooperative battles for up to four friends via wireless ad hoc mode foster team building and strategy for the ultimate battle of man vs. beast. Players can fully customize their characters, building up their abilities with armor and weaponry as they make their way through hundreds of quests. With the addition of infrastructure functionality, players will now be able to download even more content and quests. Let the carnage begin!
- Skill based gameplay
- Breath-taking graphics
- More than 250 challenging quests
- Ad hoc multiplayer allowing up to four players to form their own hunting parties
- New infrastructure mode support to download additional content
- One or two player "treasure hunter" timed co-op game
- All new Pokke Village home base and upgraded farm area
- More than eight exciting new maps with day and night cycles
- More than 70 different monsters
- More than 700 weapons
- More than 1400 armor items
- Background loading system option reduces loading times during quests
Release Date: September 2007
More articles about Monster Hunter Freedom 2