Capcom announced Steel Battalion: Line of Contact, the next evolution in the battle-mech genre exclusively for the Xbox and playable via Xbox Live. Based on the award-winning Steel Battalion phenomenon, Steel Battalion -- Line of Contact gives players the opportunity to once again use the most elaborate controller interface ever created to partake in futuristic military warfare. Ultra realistic visual effects and mech battles in the first or third person perspective create the ultimate mechanized military combat experience. Steel Battalion -- Line of Contact is scheduled to release in North America this winter.
Steel Battalion -- Line of Contact allows gamers to pilot more than 10 new mechs over the course of the game while engaging in five on five online combat. Through Xbox Live, players must collaborate with other team members to accomplish objectives, expand their troop's territory and declare victory over adversaries. Additionally, they can search for rare VT's hidden throughout the game. The Steel Battalion universe will evolve constantly as new combat situations are introduced and as territory is gained and lost.
The award winning 40-button controller was designed to completely maximize the gaming experience and immerse the player into the role of a Vertical Tank pilot. With trigger buttons to fire weapons; foot pedals to accelerate, boost and brake; levers to shift gears and move left to right, gamers must utilize the full potential of their VT's abilities in order to survive on the battlefield. Mastering the controls of this tactical vehicle will allow players to feel as if the VT is part of their own body.
- Aside from the default cockpit view, a third-person perspective allows players to observe their VT in action during combat.
- More than 10 new massive Vertical Tank (VT) models to control.
- Xbox Live features:
- Partake in the biggest online mech melee as opposing teams of five clash on the virtual battlefield.
- The Steel Battalion universe will evolve constantly as factions will gain and lose territory and as new combat situations are introduced.
- In Steel Battalion -- Line of Contact, collaborating with teammates will be a key part of accomplishing mission objectives all the while improving your personal combat skills
- Search for rare VT's hidden throughout the game.
More articles about Steel Battalion: Line of Contact