Enter an intense world where a deadly global terrorist consortium threatens the human population with an outbreak of the Syphon Filter virus, as Gabe Logan is back to maintain world peace and save mankind in Syphon Filter®: The Omega Strain. With outbreaks occurring at an increased rate throughout the world, Gabe can't save the world's population on his own and relies on his top recruits from his newly reformed agency.
Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain explodes onto the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system as the latest chapter of the Syphon Filter storyline unfolds with edge of your seat online and offline action. The newest installment in the multimillion-unit-selling series offers groundbreaking cooperative, peer-to-peer online gameplay, sophisticated and highly intelligent artificial intelligence, richly detailed worlds and an enhanced character customization system.
Selected as one of the chosen few to be a trained operative within Gabe Logan's new Agency, gamers will enter a world of intrigue and global espionage, battling lethal enemies through exhilarating missions that span the globe from Yemen to Tokyo. With a deadly arsenal of all-new high tech weaponry and gadgets, players can take on commandos solo-style or go online and join up with three other agents for action-packed, strategic, team-based gameplay. Online gameplay offers gamers the exciting opportunity to access more of the worlds through working hand-in-hand with other skilled operatives. Gamers will need all the help they can get as the world's population once again hangs in the balance. Join Gabe Logan's new Agency and help him fight the latest threats to world peace as he attempts to rid the world of the Syphon Filter virus forever.
Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain is the next installment of the Syphon Filter storyline. Outbreaks of a fatal, mysterious virus erupt in different and varied locations. How did it spread? Where did the virus come from? Terrorists threaten cities with a weapon of mass destruction. Where did they get it? What do they want? The enigmatic Mara Aramov escapes from a high security prison and is seen in locations all over the world. How did she escape? Who is she working for?
Gabe Logan suspects that each of these questions can be answered with another: Who is behind the Syphon Filter conspiracy? Put in charge of a powerful new black-box Agency, Gabe uses all of his resources in a desperate battle against the clock. He and his team track terrorists all over the world, as they struggle to discover who mutated the original virus, and why. But ultimately, Gabe must battle with the dark side of high-stakes espionage: how far will he push his team to solve the mystery behind Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain. How far will you go, to help him?
- Become a skilled agent in Gabe Logan's reformed Agency and help him fight the evolving threats to world peace.
- Customize your agent's look, uniform and equipment with enhanced character customization features.
- Explore and battle through 17 massive, intense, international single-player worlds with multiple ways to complete each of the deadly missions. Levels are up to three times larger than previous installments in the franchise.
- Unlock four bonus single-player missions to play as either Gabe or other favorite characters from the Syphon Filter franchise.
- Battle terrorists and enemies with four-player cooperative, peer-to-peer online play via a broadband connection in nine of the single-player missions with the ability to access new areas of the environments only available while playing online.
- Utilize a USB headset (for PlayStation 2) (sold separately) or SOCOM headset for voice chat to verbally strategize with fellow agents online. Players also can use the directional pad to strategize with teammates.
- Access a buddy list feature to easily find friends while playing online.
- Defeat all-new terrorists and enemies, including the most deadly commandos in the world.
- Take on terrorists with more than 100 unique, deadly weapons and gadgets. Arsenal will improve as you progress through the levels.
- Combat the enemy with deadly artillery or fight hand-to-hand with a knife. Players can only carry four weapons at a time, so strategic play is at a premium.
- Keep enemies in target while kneeling, crouching, walking, rolling, climbing, jumping, walking, strafing, throwing and running with the new ability to target lock onto individual body parts.
- Gain multiple targeting modes to provide shooting options for enemies with regular clothing, flak jackets or full body armor.
- Access vanity items such as improved weapons, gadgets, equipment and uniforms.
- The highly sophisticated enemy artificial intelligence reacts to other agents' actions to hunt, explore, shoot and kill.