Sail the Caribbean, marauding all on the high seas or ally your ship and crew as a privateer in search of riches - the life you choose is up to you. Face dogged enemies, raid unsuspecting villages, woo fair maidens, avoid capture or dig for buried treasure. Discover what it takes to become one of the most famous pirates in history!
- Take the helm of 27 upgradeable ship types
- Visit ports to receive missions, build your crew, trade goods - even dance!
- Jump into arcade-style 4-player Versus ship battles
- Upload scores and download sails, flags and content using Xbox Live
- Streamlined gameplay keeps the action moving with new attack modes and resized worlds
- The interface and gameplay screens are customized to take advantage of the Xbox controller.
- New cinematics and more swashbuckler moments
- All-new minigames created exclusively for the Xbox version including:
- Even the Odds - segues between ship battle and dueling if you're attacking a ship and you're outnumbered
- Town Sneak - overhauled for Xbox as a 3rd person stealth game with action elements, guards actively chase you
- New gameplay features:
- Montalban Quest - New quests provide hints to players and serve as a tour of the game, while providing challenges to expert gamers
- Unlockable bonus content - perform feats ranging from finding all 4 lost cities to sinking 100 enemy ships, and earn credits which can be used to unlock bonus content such as paintings, renders and behind the scenes videos of the team and the making of the game.
- Vs Multiplayer Ship Battles - up to four players (including any combination of human and AI players) can duke it out in an exciting, party-game styled game of ship battles. Players can ram each other, causing spectacular splintering collisions, or pick up power-ups and try to blast their opponents out of the water.
More articles about Sid Meier's Pirates!