Officers is a 3D real time strategy game with RPG elements that lets the player act as an officer commanding tank, infantry and sappers. Apart from these, the player will be able to take advantage of the AI controlled long-range artillery and air forces. Each country represented in the game has its realistic military structure, weapons and equipment. Starting as a platoon leader, the player gradually gets promoted up to the rank of the division commander. Promotion implies lager forces under direct control, matching objectives and greater scope – up to 1.500 troops engaged in a battle simultaneously. The storyline is based on the general facts of the World War 2 split into two campaigns – Allies (USA and Great Britain under one banner) and Germany. Depending on the country of your choice, the campaign will start in the period when this count actually started participating in the war – 1939 for Germany and 1943 for Allied forces – and take the player to the famous battlefields and locations.
- Heated battles in two different campaigns for Germany and Allied forces
- Around 100 different types of vehicles, armored units, self-propelled guns, artillery and aircrafts
- Huge locations of up to 5x5 km
- Various opportunities to employ different tactics to achieve victory on the battlefield
- Upgradeable unit parameters
- Destructible environments
- Dynamic day and night cycles
- Four seasons
- Weather effect
- Particle system for fire, smoke, explosions, weather effects, etc.
- Advanced damage system
- Unique target selection algorithm for AI based on the enemy’s threat, distance, vulnerability, etc.
- SpeedTree © powered landscapes
- Correct physical model of the sun and moon movement and lighting
- Graphical engine based on DirectX9
- Dynamic pre-pixel lighting
- Dynamic shadows and self-shadowing
More articles about Officers