Together with FremantleMedia, co-producer and licensor of America's top rated television show, Konami has developed Karaoke Revolution: American Idol (working title) for the PlayStation 2, which will let players sing and perform through a full season of competition to claim the title of American Idol. Featuring 40 all-new songs and several unique modes of play, Karaoke Revolution: American Idol delivers an immersive Idol experience as players sing their way to victory.
"Both smash hit pop culture phenomena, American Idol and Karaoke Revolution have come together to deliver the only video game which lets players sing as a virtual contestant on the top-rated FOX television series," said Matt Knoles, Product Manager at Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. "Complete with 40 new songs and all the drama and personality of America's top-rated TV show, Karaoke Revolution: American Idol is the closest players can get to being on stage without going to an audition."
Karaoke Revolution: American Idol allows players to play the part of an American Idol contestant as they audition, earn an invitation to Hollywood and ultimately perform in front of the crowd on center stage. Players can choose to sing from 40 all-new songs, including hits from the show, and receive verbal feedback on their performance from the judges. The evaluation by the game's judges will affect whether or not they move on to the next round of competition. Players will be able to construct their contestant with new skin tones, clothing, hair styles and accessories in the updated Character Customization mode, creating a specialized look that is sure to catch the attention of the judges and the crowd. Players can also import images of their face with the EyeToy USB camera (for PlayStation 2) to bring themselves directly into the actual competition.
In addition to the new American Idol mode, which can be played in single or multiplayer, Karaoke Revolution: American Idol also features popular Karaoke Revolution game modes such as KR Challenge, Medley and Quickplay, giving players even more ways to sing their way to the top. Up to eight players can sing in the game's head to head and team modes, while two players can sing together in Duet Mode to see who has the most star power.
Karaoke Revolution: American Idol is scheduled to launch December 2006.
- American Idol mode – the first game that allows you to perform and sing as a contestant on the American Idol show – the top rated television series in America
- The judges individually rate your performance and provide verbal feedback
- 40 all-new songs featuring classic favorites, contemporary hits, and songs featured on the show
- Updated character customization options
- New characters, accessories, and venues including the American Idol stages
- Includes popular Karaoke Revolution game modes like Duets, KR Challenge, Medley and Quickplay
- Supports up to eight players for head-to-head and team games
- Works with any PlayStation 2 compatible USB headset or microphone