GoPets brings together a community of virtual pet owners in which players create and train a virtual dog or cat and watch as their pet develops its own personality, appearances and hobbies. Players can also take the pet online through Nintendo's Wi-Fi Connection service to make friends with other pet owners from around the world.
GoPets brings players into a massive global phenomenon – an online social network composed of real people and virtual pets. Nintendo DS owners can join in the excitement as they create their custom pets and follow their unique 3D companion as it travels virtually around the world to visit their owner's friends and families and other GoPets players who share similar interests.
GoPets on the Nintendo DS brings a variety of unique new elements to the GoPets universe. Exclusive to the Nintendo DS version are one-of-a-kind pets that can only be created in the game's island environment, new items, expanded offline play featuring island residents, and enhanced mini-games. In the online mode, a travel journal keeps track of all the friends that your pet has met.
The touch-screen capabilities of the Nintendo DS make pet creation and care fun, intuitive and highly customizable. Players will also be able to interact with friends through text chat and the GoPets icon-based language called IKU — even if they don't speak the same language.
GoPets will be released for the Nintendo DS in 2006.
- Create your own cat or dog, complete with its own personality and interests
- Go online via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection to share your pets with others and enjoy fast-paced mini-games
- Communicate online with players from around the world using IKU, the game’s icon-based language
- Easy and fun pet care using the Nintendo DS touch screen
- Expansive single player game based around life on a tropical island
- New pets, items and mini-games found only in the Nintendo DS version of the game