Created by members of the original Ghost 'n Goblins team, the long-awaited fourth installment to the favored franchise sees the triumphant return of valiant knight, Sir Arthur, as he must save the princess from the clutches of evil. Specifically recreated from the ground up, witness the evolution of the series with the inclusion of exciting upgrades and new gameplay features, all the while retaining its legendary qualities. Ultimate Ghosts 'n Goblins is scheduled for release throughout PAL territories and North America in Q3 2006.
Arthur's heroic battle with the underworld was finally over and the entrance to the realm was sealed. So he thought. Time passes and unknowing to mankind, the dark lord has awaken from his slumber and kidnaps the princess in an effort to conquer the human world. Arthur must set off for the evil forest, the gateway to the underworld, to save the princess from imminent doom and keep the devil as well as his minions at bay. The excitement and intensity of the forerunner continues as our armoured hero takes on this new challenge for the sake of humanity.
With the use of a 3D graphics engine, the Ultimate Ghosts 'n Goblins world comes alive as effects, cut scenes, backgrounds and animations are given more depth and richer detail. Retaining the classic design of the series, several new facets have been created including a broader range of motion and control techniques. Now our hero has the capability to dash, double-jump, shoot up or down, grab onto ledges and more. A new levelling system allows gamers to build up Arthur's skills for more powerful magic abilities and attacks. With the addition of extra lives, death doesn't mean starting from a check point but rematerializing where they left off. Also new to the series is the inclusion of three difficulty modes that will suit every experience level: Novice, Standard and Ultimate. With the introduction of these all-new settings, a wide range of players can now fully enjoy Arthur's daring and unique world.
No longer just a linear experience, Ultimate Ghosts 'n Goblins has plenty of branching sub-missions that will encourage players to explore their surroundings for a more open-ended experience. Gamers can save their progress along the way and revisit cleared stages at anytime to expose unexplored paths, concealed items or weapons to help conquer the challenges that lie ahead.
Ultimate Ghosts 'n Goblins includes the following features:
- New features and upgrades for the series –
- New 3-D characters and environments enrich the side-scrolling adventure!
- New weapons, magic and armour help Arthur overcome difficult challenges
- New and improved moves for the heroic Sir Arthur:
- Double-jump in mid-air, grab onto ledges and much more
- New save feature allows gamers to revisit cleared stages at anytime
- New level-up system for more powerful abilities and attacks
- New difficulty settings that provide their own unique challenges for every gamer:
- Novice – An easier mode for those not familiar with the series
- Standard – The default setting for those wanting a challenge
- Ultimate – A setting reminiscent of past Ghosts 'n Goblin titles
- Extra lives mean starting where players left off and not at check points
- Expansive environments – Five main stages, each with multiple sub-missions, hidden paths and bosses to conquer