Twelve missions campaign takes place on the fictional island of Sahrani which is divided into two countries; the northern one is ruled by a postsocialistic regime whilst the southern system is
based on democratic principles. The story begins when political conflicts between these two countries escalate into open war.
- Step into the most realistic military simulation available to gamers, created with the experience gained from developing Virtual Battlefield System (VBS), as used by the US Marine Corps, Australian Defence Force and numerous other militaries around the world.
- While roaming on the island you face not just enemy forces, but unpredictable weather, civilians captured in the middle of war rage, birds upon your head and tireless mosquitoes trying to get under your pants.
- Missions can be far-reaching and take place in various environments like woods, cities or sand beach. The depth and scale of the engine gives the environment an amazing open feeling of real world landscapes, where a helicopter can pick you up and drop you off a few kilometres away. Driving through the battlefield in a vehicle takes several long minutes, whilst walking across the island takes more than an hour.
- All vehicles in the game can be driven - jump into a car, grab the controls of a helicopter gunship or sit behind the cannon of a tank - anything can be driven, piloted or jumped out of, rifle in hand, moving forward on foot. But remember that hiding in the woods won't help you if you are chased by tank platoon!
- In most missions you can choose witch role you want to play. For example, in a mission where a tank squad supports an infantry attack, you can choose between the leader of the infantry squad, a gunner
at one of the tanks or sniper on the hill.
- Every successful mission from the campaign can be played as a standalone mission in cooperative multiplayer together with AI soldiers in one squad. Infiltrate an enemy base as members of a Special Forces or fight alongside your friend shooting secondary gun in tanks while freeing city from enemies' hands.
- Aside from usual multiplayer modes there are two unique ways of play in Armed Assault which use all of the full scale multiplayer possibilities. Capture the Island mode is covering the whole of the game area with virtually unlimited number of players involved, the battles take many hours to win, with players able to join or leave the heat of battle at any time thanks to join-in-progress feature.
- Completing the campaign is only a start to Operation Flashpoint world. Download hundreds of already existing add-ons, mods, missions and campaigns created by fans of Operation Flashpoint. The user friendly editor included with Armed Assault will attract even more players to this unique game!
- 400 square kilometres to explore
- 20 mission singleplayer campaign
- • 15 multiplayer missions
- 2 players cooperative gaming mode
- 40+ realistic weapons from modern battlefields
- 2-5 kilometres view distance
- 30+ battle vehicles including APC's, tanks, boats, helicopters and fighter planes
- 100+ players on one battlefield in join in progress multiplayer battles
More articles about Armed Assault