ParaWorld is real-time strategy game set in a parallel world between a prehistoric world, where warring tribes and dinosaurs rule, and our world in the 19th century. Using an unprecedented unit management user interface called the “Army Controller,” players play a campaign, where they get to know and play three different tribes (Norsemen, Dustriders and Dragon Clan). As they advance in the campaign, players get to play all three tribes, but in the last third of the game they need to pick the best tribe for the level they are facing. If the player fails to succeed, they have the option to pick a different tribe and try a completely different strategy.
Side-by-side with 9controllable heroes, players explore 16 equally atmospheric and dangerous prehistoric scenarios located in five climatic zones. Each level contains main quests and side quests. Both the option to pick any tribe to play in the last third of the campaign and the side quests increase the game’s replay value, motivating players to go through a level more than once in order to improve performance.
The Army Controller unit management system is one of the key aspects of ParaWorld. It evolves the genre and goes beyond typical RTS interface. With this interface that appears unobtrusively on the screen, players can view all of their units at a glance and have general awareness of each unit’s health, danger, activity and levelup capabilities. Also selecting several units consecutively even if they are spread across the map takes seconds by simply marking the unit icons in the Army Controller.
Armed with devastating weapons, commanding powerful fighting dinosaurs and controlling up to fifty units, players go into battle in gripping single-player and multiplayer action. Up to eight players can battle each other in more than 15multiplayer levels. There are three multiplayer modes to choose among – Team Deathmatch, Defender (one player has to defend his base against all the other players), and Domination (capture the flag).
In the early 19th century, a group of elite scientists formed around brilliant mathematician Jarvis Babbit. Together they formed a secret society dedicated to seeking out parallel worlds – worlds of which our ancestors had only the vaguest of ideas and whose very existence have never been proven.
After decades of study, Babbit finally manages to uncover the secrets of the dimension gates. A mechanical computer of his own design allows him to calculate both where and when a dimension gate between the worlds will open. Soon after this discovery, Babbit and his followers uncover the ParaWorld, a world of warlike tribes, awe-inspiring dinosaurs and other terrifying primeval creatures. Three young scientists – hot-tempered geologist Anthony Cole, nature-loving biologist Stina Holmlund and the somewhat introverted physics genius Béla András Benedek – have come across evidence pointing to the existence of a parallel world in the course of their research, and they take Babbit’s bait. Through a perfidious trick, Babbit lures the three young scientists into a trap, which leaves them stranded on ParaWorld. Ill equipped, they have nothing but one weapon capable of guaranteeing their survival – their own power of reason.
... The clock is ticking...
- Prehistoric parallel world with more than 15 playable maps and 5 different climatic zones: Northland, Jungle, Savannah, Icewaste and Ashvalley
- Comprehensive solo campaigns with 9 playable heroes and 3 completely different tribes - Norsemen, Dustriders and Dragon Clan
- 3 different LAN and Internet multiplayer modes – Team Deathmatch, Defender, and Domination - for up to 8 players with 9 playable heroes
- Revolutionary unit management system called the Army Controller, whereby players at a glance can select and organize their units
- Gigantic combat units – control up to 52 units, each with several different special- and finishing moves
- Three different categories of units: human, machine and animal, along with support units (workers and transporters) and pure combat units.
- Ability of heroes to construct unique buildings, develop new abilities and collect and use different items
- Over 50 different types of animals, including 40 incredibly detailed dinosaurs
More articles about Paraworld