The story of the game starts millions of years in the past, yet it describes the cultures and races far beyond our own in all technical aspects. The exploration of space, the adventures on faraway planets, merciless wars between rival galactic empires – everything is in there. But the plot itself can offer more than that…
What if the Human race is not alone in the galaxy? What if there were 10 planets revolving around the Sun originally, and one of them was destroyed by an Alien race in a quest for technology, which surpassed any wildest imagination? What if mighty space fleets fought each other in epic battles millennia ago, to decide the future of the sentient species? What if love and fealty once saved the galaxy from the hatred and treachery that aimed to destroy everything? You’ll know the answers to these questions soon enough… once you enter the world of Precursors!
- A role-playing game of the next generation, offering rich plot, hundreds of NPCs, an intricate variety of quests, huge open terrains and a multitude of fantastic weapons.
- A first-person shooter, with state of the art 3D graphics, highly dynamic environments, exceptional physics, true to life effects, and a host of exotic friends and foes.
- A sci-fi simulation, with a possibility to command giant space ships, agile planet gliders, clumsy battle robots, deadly hover tanks and many more futuristic crafts.
All of this and more awaits you with Precursors, the first truly next-gen title from Russia.
The scenario of “The Precursors” is based on the speculations of some modern-day scientists and writers that many civilizations were able to discover the space flight way before the Human race launched it’s first rockets. The game tells a story of a small group of heroes sent on an impossible mission to save their nation from annihilation by neighboring empires, craving the wealth of their home planet. “The Precursors” realistically combine elements of different genres to present the player with an immersive and believable experience.
1. Unique gameplay: mix of RPG/FPS/Space simulator.
2. Very different planets to walk around absolutely free.
3. More than 250 diversified quests.
4. Partly organic weapons with ammunition that must be bred.
5. Controllable spaceships, robots and other vehicles.
6. Stunning space battles with boarding included.
7. Big number of unusual enemies (Plants, Insects, Birdmen, etc).
8. Trading possibilities with complex circulation of goods.
9. Interaction with hundreds of NPC of different Alien races.
10. Real-time weather effects, day/night and atmosphere changes.
The RPG genre has been pronounced dead again and again, yet it has managed to resurrect over and over, surprising the market with it’s vitality. More fresh ideas were injected into it by the introduction of the modern 3D graphics in this type of game. “The Precursors” takes advantage of a top notch FPS engine to seamlessly merge with a high quality futuristic RPG and to create another breakthrough in the genre. Offering something for fans of roleplay, fast paced action and complex simulations alike, “The Precursors” grip the player’s interest from the first minute. Every gamer will be able to find an appealing part in the universe of the game, and sci-fi readers will be glad to explore the setting not often seen in video games of nowadays. Interaction with hundreds of unusual NPCs.
More articles about Precursors