Marathon is the game that presaged the “Halo” revolution. Bungie Studios’ very first FPS series, Marathon achieved cult status for its many genre innovations, deep roots in Bungie culture, and its hints of the Halo greatness to come. Chosen for their passionate following and knowledge of the original game, Freeverse was chosen to bring “Marathon: Durandal” exclusively to the Xbox 360.
Exclusively for Xbox LIVE Arcade, “Marathon: Durandal” is a compelling first-person shooter (FPS) cult classic that continues the tradition of great gameplay while remaining faithful to the spirit of Bungie lore as the predecessor to the Halo franchise.
- Multiplayer gameplay for up to eight players over Xbox LIVE
- Offline multiplayer gameplay for up to four players on the same console via split-screen mode
- Every image recreated to offer a widescreen, High Definition (HD) experience
- New networking model that provides for reduced lag in online games
- Features 27 single player levels, 13 multiplayer levels, & one survival mode
- Utilizes the familiar “Halo” control scheme.
“Marathon,” rated M (Mature 17+), will be available on Xbox LIVE Arcade this summer, for 800 Microsoft Points.