“Project Gotham Racing 4” is the highly anticipated next installment of the blockbuster “Project Gotham Racing” (PGR) franchise, developed by Bizarre Creations exclusively for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system. With a dramatic new weather system, revamped career mode, revised Kudos system, new tracks and locations as well as the world’s most iconic vehicles, “PGR 4” takes racing to a new level of thrill and excitement.
For the first time in “PGR” history, drivers will have the option of racing a variety of motorcycles from top manufacturers, such as Ducati, BMW and Honda. Whether on two wheels or four, players must perform daring and stylistic moves to win over their fans, who will cheer them on as they follow their road to racing notoriety.
In addition, through a new content server, drivers can save their favorite races and search over Xbox LIVE® for race content that is specific to their interests. Players can find out who has the longest slide or wheelie in Shanghai or St. Petersburg, for example, through the innovative new content server.
- A unique and exciting racing experience compatible with the Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel. “Project Gotham Racing 4” will redefine the “PGR” franchise by delivering a unique, exciting racing experience where dramatic racing action is captured in cinematic style and players are rewarded for showing off their skills and performing precise and jaw-dropping skills and maneuvers while winning over the hearts of adoring fans online and off.
- More than 120 iconic vehicles, including motorcycles, from the world’s top manufacturers. “PGR4” puts gamers behind the wheel of the world’s most iconic cars, including the 1957 Maserati 250F, 1963 Chevrolet Corvette Sting Ray, 1978 Lamborghini Countach LP400, 1993 Toyota Supra Turbo, and 2006 Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano. In addition, for the first time motorcycles from top manufacturers, such as Ducati, BMW and Honda, will be included in the game. Whether in single-player mode or playing with a team of up to seven other drivers,* players can choose to race two motorcycles side by side or race with a combination of cars and motorcycles. The game’s unique physics engine enables drivers to pull off incredible driving maneuvers not found in any other racing game.
- Race against the elements of Mother Nature. The dramatic new weather system of “PGR4” provides a new layer of thrill and excitement to the racing experience by exposing drivers to dynamic weather conditions on their quest to be the best driver in the world.
- It’s all about the recognition. Win your way into the racing elite by showing off your superior driving abilities. An improved Kudos reward system has been designed specifically for motorcycles and cars to provide gamers with more incentives to show off their distinctive driving styles. Catch air, wheelie, endo and powerslide your way to victory to gain access to better garages and special races and win fans all over the world.
- Xbox LIVE gameplay. “PGR4” sets a new standard for racing on Xbox LIVE, allowing drivers to build a global racing community through team-orientated gameplay* while making it easy to find their favorite races or images.
Availability: September 2007
More articles about Project Gotham Racing 4