Discover a world of mystery and danger in The Golden Compass, the upcoming action adventure video game based on the best-selling novel by Philip Pullman and the major motion picture from New Line Cinema. Going beyond the film you can experience the unforgettable journey through the eyes of protagonist Lyra Belacqua on a quest to rescue her imprisoned uncle and kidnapped best friend. Joining Lyra on her mission is her spirit daemon, Pan, as well as a giant and powerful armored bear, Iorek, and the mysterious Golden Compass – a truth-telling device that will help lead the way.
The Golden Compass promises to bring the beloved story to life through adventure and harrowing action sequences. As Lyra, players will evade dangers and traverse a magical landscape while uncovering the secret behind the disappearance of her friend and uncle. And as Iorek, the fearsome armored bear, players will smash through obstacles and enemies in order to protect Lyra along her way. Their travels will take them through a collection of unique locations, such as the port town Trollesund and a dark and foreboding research station in Bolvangar as well as areas not seen in the film. Together Lyra, Pan and Iorek embark on an epic journey of action, exploration, collaboration and discovery.
- Authenticity to the movie: The official videogame of The Golden Compass movie from New Line Cinema brings to life characters, locations and scenes sure to captivate movie fans around the world as well as delivering film footage to guide you through the journey.
- Vivid characters are brought to interactive life: Featuring the likenesses of the movie’s impressive cast, which includes Nicole Kidman as Mrs. Coulter, Daniel Craig as Lord Asriel and newcomer Dakota Blue Richards as Lyra Belacqua.
- Heroic action sequences: Travel into the frozen north as the rebellious and headstrong heroine Lyra who uses her cunning to evade enemies. Or charge forward as her powerful friend and protector Iorek – a giant armored bear able to overcome any challenge with his brute strength.
- Discover a powerful bond greater than friendship. Experience the collaborative bond between Lyra and her unique animal-companion Pan who has the ability to morph into four different creatures to help Lyra navigate her way around obstacles throughout her perilous journey.
- Explore a parallel universe: Immerse yourself in the world of The Golden Compass movie and discover 11 otherworldly vistas, including locations not seen in the theatrical release.
- Use quick wit to discover and evade. Participate in a variety of embedded mini-games to help Lyra gain further information about her expedition and avoid enemy confrontation.
- The Golden Compass will lead the way. Use the truth-telling Golden Compass to solve in-game puzzles and unlock bonus content allowing players to explore the worlds as seen in the movie.
- Platform Highlights: PLAYSTATION 3 and Wii will take advantage of motion control capabilities. The DS version promises unique and different gameplay mechanics as well as versus multiplayer mode.
More articles about The Golden Compass