Virtua Fighter 5, the game that pioneered the 3D fighting genre is back and online for the first time ever. The latest instalment in the popular series is currently under development for the Xbox 360 and will release this fall. Virtua Fighter 5 raises the bar for console fighting games including all the features fans know and love plus enhanced gameplay mechanics, leaderboards, and online multi-player.
Virtua Fighter 5 will deliver fast-paced, adrenaline-pumping action as players head into battle, taking on a host of popular characters. Play as one of the 17 default characters in the game or customize a character in the quest mode. Players will be able to modify their characters by selecting from four base costumes and then decorate them by attaching a wide range of unlockable and earnable items. Players will not only achieve victory by defeating highly-skilled opponents, but also by competing for prizes and earning in-game money allowing them to buy many items at an in-game shop. Further building upon the depth of the series, players will now be able to move around their opponent using an “Offensive Move” technique, adding a new strategic element to their battles.
New to the Xbox 360 version, Virtua Fighter 5 will be based on the most current arcade game update and feature both analog stick and D-pad control, as well as vibration support. Arcade Mode will now include online leaderboards that will allow you to compare your single-player fighting prowess with people all over the world. You’ll also be able to download arcade matches and learn the techniques of the top players on the leaderboard. The game will also include a more robust Quest Mode featuring more CPU rivals, as well as selectable character items and emblems for character customization. The DOJO mode has also received some added features including new leader-board post sections, move locks to practice and perfect a particular move, throw escape training, the option to change your opponent’s foot position, and changing how your opponent recovers from falls to broaden your over all fighting strategy. It will also be possible to save characters created in the Quest Mode on a Memory Unit and play with those characters against other people’s customized characters in the VS Mode on other Xbox 360 systems.
- Online Multi-Player enables players to compete worldwide challenging any one, any where, any time, using Xbox Live.
- Leaderboards enable players to see how they stack up against other players worldwide both in their Arcade Mode scores and clear time, and in the command list clear time for their favorite character.
- Character Data Portability makes it possible to save characters created in the Quest Mode via Memory Unit and play with those characters against other people’s customized characters in the VS Mode on other Xbox 360 systems.
- Quest Mode where players can compete in various arcades and win prize money to fully customize each character. The Quest Mode will also allow players to choose their opponents allowing for more strategic and flexible gameplay. Would you rather fight in an easy competition to win items to customize your character or compete against the highest ranked fighter to improve your dan-level? The choice is yours.
- Balanced Gameplay Based on the latest arcade version Virtua Fighter 5 will be the most balanced release of Virtua Fighter ever on a home console.
- Improved AI makes challenging the highest level rival characters in quest mode much more difficult for advanced players. AI opponents will also differ more from each other and have individualistic styles.
- In-depth DOJO Mode where players can learn and practice thousands of moves and techniques to succeed. The DOJO Mode allows players to practice against any of the characters they choose, set their skill level, specify their actions and reactions and activate in depth display settings showing button inputs and move frame counts in real time. For the first time players will also be able to post their command list clear time results to an online leaderboard.
- Enhanced Commentary Function allows players to turn on play-by-play sports commentary audio creating an action-packed competitive atmosphere.
- Stunning, Highly-Detailed 3-D Fighting Environments inspired by locales around the world where players can challenge their opponents in unique types of arenas.
- Next Gen Presentation 720p HD resolution widescreen and Dolby Digital 5.1ch. Improved anti-aliasing for the general graphic presentation.
- Online Details give gamers the option to view replays of the top characters in Score Attack Mode and offer Marketplace sales items.
More articles about Virtua Fighter 5