Hard to Be a God is a role playing game with adventure and espionage elements based on a storyline of the novel with the same name by Strugatsky brothers.
The main hero is a graduate of a medieval secret service highschool. His mission is to scout and report the situation in the Kingdom of Arcanar, an indepented anarchical state. The character is a real professional who took the best course in combat and diplomatic training. He’s strong, sly and intelligent, his mightier than the whole Arcanar, but his world still has some surprises for him.
The highly developed Earth race governs the series of unexpected events in Ancanar and contacts the agent. The main hero starts his new mission in co-operation with Earth forces. The agent gains access to incredibly advanced technologies. In his native underdeveloped world, he almos becomes a God.
How will it end?
- Attractive non-liner storyline with up to 5 endings
- Interference of medieval and alternative future epochs in the game universe
- Simulation of independent life of Arcanar population
- Original character development system
- Innovative system of various hero’s legend generation
- Interactive gameworld, while a hero develops during the course of game, the game also develops around a character
- Real-time combat system with active pause includes many different combos and special attacks (stunning, disarming, etc) provided by some abilities and special weapon types
- Varied managing approach to mercenaries and volunteers of the hero’s party
- Sci-fi technologies instead of a traditional magic system
- Free movement through locations and random encounters using the global map
- Different style environments and landscape types of locations affecting the movement speed
- Wide dialogue tree
Published for PC, “Hard to Be a God” will be available in Q3 2007.
More articles about Hard to be a God