If you want something to be done right, you’ve got to do it yourself! Aggressive aliens invade your planet, and you have to use all your skills and reserves to protect it from the bloodthirsty attackers.
Heavy Duty is a world of thrilling action, beautiful landscapes, and unprecedented level of realism. In this 3rd person action shooter you will pilot a huge and devastating battle robot through a non-linear story-driven campaign with hundreds of fierce battles against a host of enemies to final victory. The game is set on a real spherical and fully interactive planet, where you can move every little rock, climb every mountain, and destroy any object.
Your chief opponent is an evil dictator who has gathered a tremendous armada of villains from all over the Galaxy and is preparing to attack your home world. Your mission is to foil this evil scheme by crushing the scoundrel and his army.
The world of Heavy Duty is a planet - a real, living planet. It has mountain ranges, green plains, rainforests and ice caps, cyclones and storms in the atmosphere. A real horizon and complex landscape limit the line of sight, making the traditional “fog” unnecessary, and the battles hard. Unique technologies developed by Primal Software allow the entire planet to be stored in RAM, giving the player access to any area of the planet’s gigantic surface at any time. This means the player can move between different events and battles almost instantly, without waiting for a new zone to load.
The gameworld is highly interactive; it “remembers” all the changes made by the player... the plains are covered with craters and shell holes that can be used for cover, and the heavy military vehicles uproot trees, turning forests into impassable obstacles. Any part of the planet is a war zone - a real hell littered with the remains of vehicles that will remind the player of the battle that took place there.
- The planet - Heavy Duty does not confine you within the borders of "game areas". Instead it offers you the possibility to freely explore a whole planet - an enormous battleground with total area of 154 sq. km. (about 1 657 642 204 square feet!). The game will advise you to complete the missions in their "proper" order, of course. But you may choose any road you like and complete the missions in any order you choose.
- Physics and kinematics - you've never seen anything like this! There is not a single frame of animation used for robot's feet, every single motion is computed on the fly, using complex algorithms that simulate real-life steps. The robot feels alive when it carefully places its steel feet on any terrain, gripping it firmly. You can push stones and crates and watch them tumble, of course - it's the real world out there!
- Destruction - everything on the planet can be destroyed if you really don't like it. Every object breaks into realistic pieces (it's yet another piece of new technology - there are no pre-set parts, the destruction is real-time), trees can be broken off with if you push them hard enough, even the landscape itself can be changed if you have enough firepower, thanks to our proprietary free-form terramorphing technology. Expect to wreck some serious havoc!
- Variety - 9 different robots to choose from (each with its own perks and battle tactics), about 50 weapons and 40 upgrades for robot and its guns. You'll have a lot of fun playing with your new toys.
More than 30 missions in the single-player campaign.
- Besides standard deathmatch and complex teamplay modes we'll provide you with the tools to invent and develop your own multiplayer modes and play them with your friends.
More articles about Heavy Duty