Remastered as two separate titles exclusively for the PSP system, Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy II are timeless classics that created the blueprints for the future of RPGs. These all-new anniversary editions contain the best treatment of the classic RPGs and feature all-new character art, updated graphics, new dungeons, full 16:9 widescreen presentation and an updated camera view that gives players a new vantage point on two of the greatest RPGs ever made.
In Final Fantasy the tale begins when four young warriors, each possessing a Crystal, are summoned to bring the world back to a harmonious, elemental balance. During their voyage, they discover a nefarious entity has created turmoil in the structure of time in order to take control of the world, causing the heroes to travel to places they never imagined possible.
In Final Fantasy II a malevolent Emperor has called upon monsters from a demonic realm to take over the world, ending what seemed to be an eternal period of peace. Thousands of lives succumb to their attacks, leaving many children orphaned. From the destruction rise four young survivors who will take it upon themselves to stop the merciless ruler and avenge the death of their parents.
- Witness the best treatment of the tales that became a worldwide success – all-new 16:9 presentation and updated graphics offer a fresh take on two of the greatest RPGs ever conceived
- All-new camera view provides a unique look on RPG’s most storied events and places
- True portability fits the on-the-go lifestyle – save your progress anywhere, anytime
- Opening CG cinematics, bestiary, art gallery and an enhanced soundtrack are part of these special packages
- Discover the pedigree that has mesmerized millions of gamers around the world – experience the epic adventures that spawned numerous sequels and more than 75 million units in total worldwide shipments over a 20-year period
Final Fantasy II, rated "T", will ship to North American retail stores on July 24, 2007.