Square Enix is proud to present Front Mission, the original installment of the mech strategy saga, reborn exclusively on the Nintendo DS. With exciting new features including dual screen presentation and multiplayer modes, the game that gave birth to seven beloved sequels will captivate hardcore fans and new players around the world. Utilizing stylus and Touch Screen capabilities, players command a squad of customizable mechs known as wanzers, directing them through turn-based skirmishes through the battlefields of the 21st century.
The Front Mission saga focuses on the conflict over Huffman Island, located in the neutral zone between two superpowers known as the Oceania Community Union (O.C.U.) and the Unified Continental States (U.C.S.). Tensions between the O.C.U. and the U.C.S. spark the First Huffman Conflict in 2070, a two-year war ending with a ceasefire agreement that divides the island into two territories. After many years of relative peace, the sudden destruction of a U.C.S. military factory triggers the Second Huffman Conflict in 2090. Experience the war from the perspective of Royd Clive, the leader of the O.C.U. mercenary outfit “Canyon Crows,” or Kevin Greenfield, the commanding officer of the U.C.S. Special Forces squad “Black Hounds.” Battle through missions against wanzers, tanks, attack helicopters, and giant mobile weapon platforms, and unravel the true motives behind the war over Huffman Island.
- Utilizing Nintendo DS Touch Screen functionality and stylus-driven controls, players can effortlessly navigate through the game’s menus with a tap of the screen
- All-new dual screen presentation keeps gamers immersed in the action while providing them with vital information at a glance
- Experience a rich storyline, including the addition of exciting new missions and new wanzers, along with the appearance of familiar characters from other titles in the Front Mission series
- Friends can now challenge one another to intense wanzer battles through the all-new multiplayer element, accessible via DS Wireless Play
- Choose a side in the warfare between the O.C.U. and the U.C.S. and experience both sides of the conflict
- Yoshitaka Amano, famed character designer of the popular Final Fantasy franchise, brings stunning character illustrations to the origin of the everlasting Front Mission saga
Ship Date: October 23, 2007