Set in a hyper-realistic world where car culture is the culture, players compete in the World Racing League against up to 25 different racers across rollercoaster-like race tracks. Players will enjoy a combative racing experience like no other when they take control of each T180 race car, achieving amazing speeds and mastering four independently turning wheels that allow drivers to engage in “Car-Fu” to jump, flip, and outmaneuver their opponents. Speed Racer: The Videogame captures the action, look and feel of the high adrenaline arena racing developed for the film in an accessible, fun-filled game that allows players to actually get behind the wheel on incredible tracks straight out of the world of Speed Racer.
Key Features :
- Master “Car-Fu” combat, using the T180 race car as a weapon to fight your way to the finish line by smashing, jumping, flipping and spinning other cars off the track
- Choose from 25 different drivers and cars, including Speed Racer and the Mach 6 or Cannonball Taylor and the GRX
- Careen down the track as the mischievous Chim-Chim – a new unlockable driver
- Race across the all-new 13 mile Skorost track, which twists through an abandoned Soviet rocket base
- The game features the voices of Speed Racer (Emile Hirsch), Racer X (Matthew Fox) and Trixie (Christina Ricci) as playable characters
- Trixie’s T180 race car is designed exclusively for the game
- Utilize “The Zone” to boost your speed up to 500 MPH and gain an advantage on the track
- Create powerful alliances with other racers to increase your chances of winning championships
- Players will experience futuristic racing across 18 incredible tracks in 6 vibrant environments
- Award-winning composer Winifred Phillips, created an original score for the videogame fusing rock, classical and retro beats into a unique soundtrack
Speed Racer: The Videogame for PS2 will be released in Fall 2008 along with the DVD version of the fast action film, Speed Racer.
More articles about Speed Racer