The best-selling Warriors Orochi 2 comes to the PSP system with continuing stories for Samurai Warriors, and the kingdoms of Wu, Wei and Shu, plus a story for Orochi himself! Warriors Orochi 2 features three new game modes: Dream, VS and Survival, as well as "Tag Team"-style matches that pit fighters in deadly head-to-head combat.
- 96 playable characters from the Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors series including new characters: Gyuki, Dodomeki, San Zang and Benkei
- 2-Player VS mode plus Co-op play in Story, Free and Dream modes
- 12 new scenarios in Dream mode
- Install function to Memory Stick Duo improves loading times
- Japanese and English voice option!
- Improved draw distance compared to the original Warriors Orochi for PSP
- Storylines for the kingdoms of Wu, Wei, and Shu, and the Samurai Warriors continue the events from the original game, plus a new Orochi storyline looks back to the first series of wars to expose the secrets of the Serpent King.
- The game's newly added Dream Mode features an original storyline different from that of Story Mode.
- Two-player Versus Mode comes action-packed with four different games including the awesome "Tag Team" matches that pit individual fighters in lethal head-to-head combat.
- The "Team Battle System" lets you create your own three-person fighting unit.
Story Mode: The Saga Continues...
Shattering time and space, the venomous Serpent King Orochi kidnapped the Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors in a scheme to test his might. The heroes eventually defeated Orochi and his menacing army.
Now the slain Orochi lies in the netherworld, and a mysterious alliance is hatching a plan to resurrect Orochi.
Warriors Orochi 2 takes place after the events of the original game. The game's main Story Mode features storylines for the kingdoms of Wu, Wei, and Shu, and the Samurai Warriors, while a new Orochi storyline looks back to the first series of wars to expose some of the Serpent King's secrets.
Tag-Team Fighting and Additional Game Modes
The two-player Versus Mode comes with four different games including "Tag Team" matches that pit individual fighters in lethal head-to-head combat.
Survival Mode is based on the rules of Versus Mode's Tag Team, but designed for a single player. In Survival Mode, each opponent is controlled by the CPU. Various rewards are granted based on the player's total wins.
Free Mode allows you to play any unlocked stage with a team of your choice. The Gallery showcases hundreds of stills of characters and weapons, as well as all of the game's cut scenes.
Team Battle System and Triple Attacks
The "Team Battle System" lets players create their own three-person fighting unit. At any given time, one warrior will be engaged in battle, while the other two are recuperating their Life Meters and Musou Gauges.
Warriors Orochi 2 includes two new improvements to the "Team Battle System" controls. When your active character is being attacked, press the L button with the square or triangle button to have one of your team members defend you. If the active character's life is low, press both the L and R buttons to invoke a coordinated Triple Attack by all three of your team members. Both of these attacks will deplete your Musou gauge.
Attack Categories and Special Attacks
In the game, all characters belong to one of three Attack Categories (Power, Speed, and Technique). Each of these Attack Categories features a different Special Attack. Awareness of these different offensive strengths will be a vital step towards victory.
Each Attack category has its own "Special Attack" plus an "enhanced skill" or a "unique action." Characters in the "Technique" attack category possess all three.
- "Special Attacks" are performed by pressing the R button.
- "Unique actions" are performed by pressing the "Jump" or "Special Attack" buttons in certain situations.
- "Enhanced skills" do not require any action by the player.
Attack Category: Power
Each warrior in the Power Category possesses a "Power Attack" that can inflict significant damage or provide a boost of strength. These warriors also possess "Hyper Armor" that prevents them from being knocked back by normal attacks and arrow attacks when the player is on the offensive
Attack Category: Speed
Warriors in the Speed category are adept at "Combination Maneuvers," which can be deployed consecutively from ordinary attacks. Speed warriors can also use the skills Aerial Thrust, propelling them through mid-air, and Aerial Escape, enabling them to jump up and away in mid-attack.
Attack Category: Technique
The Special Attack for Technique warriors is called "Enhanced Strike." By pressing the R button in place of the triangle button in any combination, the effects of the attack will be multiplied, in exchange for using up the Musou gauge. Additionally, Counter Strike can be used by pressing the R button directly after taking damage. This produces a powerful counterattack in exchange for using up the Musou Gauge.
All of the characters possess ten different attributes. These attributes are: Life, Musou Gauge, Offensive strength, Defensive strength, Speed, Combos, Abilities, Weapon strength, Proficiency and Special Attacks (based on character's Attack category).
More articles about Warriors Orochi 2